I have some questions about my Note 4, can anyone help?

David Harens

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Note 4 "OK Google" from any home page

I have had my Note 4 for about a week now and absolutely love it. I have a few user questions that I would like to post, however, I'll only post a couple today. When using Google Now, it seems I need to have the google search app on the particular home page from where I wish to issue my OK Google coomand for it to work. Is there a way that the phrase will open google now without that app being on the page. I have set up the configuration to allow me to use the phrase on my lock screen.

Also, is there a user guide that is sort of for advanced users?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

David Harens

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: "OK Google" from any home page

Thx for the reply and I had gone through that menu and checked everything. It appears that ony addresses saying OK Google when in screen lock or when the screen is blank. I have tested it in screen lock and it does work, but still not from any other screen than the one I have the app (widget) on. Does it work on all screens on your phone? I just tried removing the Google Search Widget and now OK Google no longer works on any page.

twooit

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 4 "OK Google" from any home page

I made this exact same thread a few hours ago. I've done everything everyone has recommended and it's still not fixed.

Posted via the Android Central App