Note 4 Set Different Notification Tones for Email and Texts

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place, but is there a way to set different notification tones for different functions, i.e., one tone for incoming email and a different tone for incoming texts? I haven't been able to find a way to do this.

Posted via the Android Central App on my awesome Note 4

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Set Different Notification Tones for Email and Texts

Yes, set the notification tone that you want from within the app. For instance, open messages then go to the messages settings menu and set it from there. Same with email. Also in your contacts you can set different message tones for individual contacts, open the contact, tap edit and add the message tone field then set the tone that you want - same with individual ringtones except you don't have to add an extra field for ringtones.

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: Set Different Notification Tones for Email and Texts

Yes, set the notification tone that you want from within the app. For instance, open messages then go to the messages settings menu and set it from there. Same with email. Also in your contacts you can set different message tones for individual contacts, open the contact, tap edit and add the message tone field then set the tone that you want - same with individual ringtones except you don't have to add an extra field for ringtones.

Thank you. That worked. I don't know why I didn't figure that out before.

Posted via the Android Central App on my awesome Note 4

Barb d

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the Samsung Note 4 with AT&T and there is no way I can find to do it. Note 3 you could. I checked the ways others posted and there is No setting in either place to do this. N910A/ 5.1.1

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis