Still happy with the Note 4 over the Note Edge?

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
For those of you, like me, who have also considered the Note Edge, are you happy with your recent Note 4 purchase? Would you sell or trade it in for the Edge when it's available? If TMobile Edge is not available by the beginning of November, I will join the fun with buying the Note 4. I was also considering the Apple 6+, but it's not compatible with the Gear S. The Edge has that awesome curve screen, but I am running out of patience.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yep. The edge to me is pointless.. But that's for me.. Because I know I wouldn't get good use out of the edge part. I am just fine with my big screen telling me things.. Rather than a tiny bend trying to show me things :).

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The Edge looked awesome but I'm not waiting who knows how long for another plastic phone when a beautiful metal beast is available right now. And probably for cheaper.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, if Samsung release both. I would get the Edge.

Samsung delayed the release date up here, I read "early 2015." By the time it comes out, I'm sure I will sell my Note 4 for it. :)

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the comments so far folks. Bembol, where did you read early 2015?! Tmobile, AT&T, and recently Sprint variants have passed FCC, so I think the wait would be much sooner than early 2015. Japan will get theirs end of October. I agree, otherwise I would get the Note 4.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
I was really looking forward to the Edge but after some more thought on it, it would be cool to show off to people but after a few days of actual use I think the edge would just hinder the experience to the point it would get tedious and I would want to keep it closed off as much as possible. Because the main screen is where we will be the most. Its cool to have that extra space to get notifications but over time I would probably use it less and less. Also they should have released it beside the Note 4 at the same time. Not leave it to the imagination or keep it secret when its coming like they are. Only making a million of them worldwide will be a hard device to get when it finally does come. I'm very happy with my Note 4 I got last Thursday a day early, no lines no waiting in and out of the store in 7 minutes. Best phone I've ever had hands down. Great battery life even with max brightness I keep it at and very light for its size. Fast at everything. S pen is awesome and the build and design are just perfect.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I would love to get the Edge however, I bought the Note instead for 2 reasons:
1. Availability
2. Price

I may re-evaluate once it becomes available but for now I will be happy with the Note 4.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol