Note 4 Bluetooth Tethering

Darren Kitchens

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
someone posted another post about tethering not working, but I wanted one more specific. I know that by default the Note 4 doesn't do bluetooth tethering. this is a major problem for me since I use tethering a lot (my Asteroid Smart head unit uses my phones internet). so it is very problematic for me to have to constantly enable tethering, enable wifi (can't have both). and I don't want to leave wifi off all the time and rack up more data usage.
I have tried various BT Tether apps, but none seemed to work. most seem to just help you manage (turn on and off easily) not enable it on a device that doesn't have it.
guessing I would have to root the phone to get it working. not particularly fond of that idea. this is my first android phone and I don't want to get to know it as intended before I start mucking about in it.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth Tethering

Last night I Bluetooth tethered my N4 to my desk laptop using pdanet+ (Foxfi) and had an internet connection with no problem. Later today I'm going to do it with my mobile hybrid laptop and I'll post the results. What I have found using pdanet+ for Bluetooth tethering on my mobile laptop is the speed isn't fast enough to load a browser sometimes when I'm on the road. So I won't know today if that's still the case w/ the N4.

I'm on AT&T and downloading pdanet+ from the Play Store is prohibited so you download online from their website to your phone & computer. You can try the free version to see if it works and the buy the full license key if it does, $7.95 IIRC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay