Sprint Note 4 vs 3 signal

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I like my note 4 but I am a bit disappointed in the radio performance. Sitting right next to each other, the signal bar on the 4 is literally just one bar, the 3 has 2 or 3 bars, this is with both phones connected to wifi, so i am assuming the carrier signal bar shows me either 3g or 1rx signal strength. Running a speed test on wifi, the 3 always edges out the 4 by a MB or two consistently. I can't measure or compare the lte speed to the one on the 3 since the 3 is no longer activated.

Compared to a s4 and g3 also on sprint, both of those phones show more signal bars as well, what's even weirder is that I only had one bar where I usually get 3 or 4. In speed test the g3 beat the note 4 in most tests we ran. It's only when I was outside that finally the signal bars went to the usual 4 or 5 for that particular area. I was hoping the fancy new radio improved indoor performance.

Psychologically, it just doesn't help seeing your phone barely hang on to a signal even though it still manages to pull down between 5 and 10 mb/s.

Anyone else have a similar experience on their sprint Note 4?

Posted via the Android Central App

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Yeah the signal on the note 4 is - 110 to - 112. For Sprint that's pretty bad, around - 90 is great signal.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I like my note 4 but I am a bit disappointed in the radio performance. Sitting right next to each other, the signal bar on the 4 is literally just one bar, the 3 has 2 or 3 bars, this is with both phones connected to wifi, so i am assuming the carrier signal bar shows me either 3g or 1rx signal strength. Running a speed test on wifi, the 3 always edges out the 4 by a MB or two consistently. I can't measure or compare the lte speed to the one on the 3 since the 3 is no longer activated.

Compared to a s4 and g3 also on sprint, both of those phones show more signal bars as well, what's even weirder is that I only had one bar where I usually get 3 or 4. In speed test the g3 beat the note 4 in most tests we ran. It's only when I was outside that finally the signal bars went to the usual 4 or 5 for that particular area. I was hoping the fancy new radio improved indoor performance.

Psychologically, it just doesn't help seeing your phone barely hang on to a signal even though it still manages to pull down between 5 and 10 mb/s.

Anyone else have a similar experience on their sprint Note 4?

Kitkat broke the data connectivity on the note 2

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781