Sprint Note 4 Simultaneous voice & data

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I thought I remembered that there were two versions but it might have been some other phone.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

It was the S4. I've got the non Spark version that just got retired but my dispatcher at work literally just got the S4 and it has Spark.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I had a Note 3 which was not spark enabled and I was able to do SVD. I am absolutely disgusted that I don't have this ability on the Note 4. It's a feature I used heavily. Anyone want to buy a gently used Note 4? Sheesh.... Can't believe this and the rep told me I would be able to use both.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I had a Note 3 which was not spark enabled and I was able to do SVD. I am absolutely disgusted that I don't have this ability on the Note 4. It's a feature I used heavily. Anyone want to buy a gently used Note 4? Sheesh.... Can't believe this and the rep told me I would be able to use both.

Can spark be disabled?!

The Note 3 had two radios in it so one could do voice .. and the other data. The Note 4 only has one and a CDMA radio can only do 1 function at a time -- So therefore Sprint won't be able to do Voice & Data till VoLTE (or if you're on wifi) which I don't think is coming anytime soon.

Shammy101

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Not the Spark enabled Note 3 that was released later. The first Note 3 release did support it.

There was never a note 3 that was released with spark capability on sprint. The S3, first S4, and note 3 were not tampered with. However they did release a spark version of the S4 later on. My note 3 and I are very happy together with our 80GB+ of data per month :)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
There was never a note 3 that was released with spark capability on sprint. The S3, first S4, and note 3 were not tampered with. However they did release a spark version of the S4 later on. My note 3 and I are very happy together with our 80GB+ of data per month :)

I remember reading about it but could be wrong.

Not sure your point on the data? This thread was about voice & data at the same time .. Not the fact of how much data you can use.

Pat Iannitti

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I got the note 4 with spark and if I am using google maps and talking to someone, and I reroute on my own, I get data connection lost in google maps
this never happened with my note 3. Sprint took a step back with this garbage, in 1.4 years I am going with T mobile
I am done with sprint. had them a few years. they are NOT a good company.

qbngator

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I got the note 4 with spark and if I am using google maps and talking to someone, and I reroute on my own, I get data connection lost in google maps
this never happened with my note 3. Sprint took a step back with this garbage, in 1.4 years I am going with T mobile
I am done with sprint. had them a few years. they are NOT a good company.

One of the reasons I left Sprint...network getting worse. Check T-Mobile...they recently had a promotion to pay your early termination fees.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21