Samsung Galaxy Note 4 How to get a location shortcut on my home screen

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I'd like to get a shortcut to toggle between the different location modes (specifically between high accuracy and battery saving) and I can't figure out how to do it on this phone. I tried Googling for an answer and couldn't find anything. Can this be done?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: How to get a location shortcut on my home screen

I'd like to get a shortcut to toggle between the different location modes (specifically between high accuracy and battery saving) and I can't figure out how to do it on this phone. I tried Googling for an answer and couldn't find anything. Can this be done?

The stock version of Android doesn't have that. I have a ROM installed (Paranoid Android) that does have it built-in as a toggle. That means there could be a widget in the Play Store that will toggle between the two. If not, perhaps Tasker (check the Play Store for the free version) can be customized to allow for this to be managed.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

The stock version of Android doesn't have that. I have a ROM installed (Paranoid Android) that does have it built-in as a toggle. That means there could be a widget in the Play Store that will toggle between the two. If not, perhaps Tasker (check the Play Store for the free version) can be customized to allow for this to be managed.

Are you sure stock Android doesn't have it? I just assumed it was stock since my previous devices could do that natively. I'll see what I can find in the Play Store. Thanks!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Are you sure stock Android doesn't have it? I just assumed it was stock since my previous devices could do that natively. I'll see what I can find in the Play Store. Thanks!
Natively through system settings > location > mode. Correct? It's built into the settings, but don't think there is a widget that comes preloaded on stock Android and/or OEM devices. The custom ROM I am using has a tile widget that allows me to enable/disable GPS, in addition to setting the mode (high/low).

Here are two apps in the Play Store that may have what you are looking for: Power Toggles and Notification Toggles. Let us know if any of those two have the setting included as a toggle.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

Thanks! I'll check those out in a bit (can't have my phone out right now). On my last few devices (HTC M8, LG G2, and I think on my Xperia Z) I was able to use a setting widget to put the quick access to location on my home screen. On the Note 4 it looks like I could only do wifi hotspot and flashlight.