considering becoming a Note 4 convert.

anon(5338661)

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
In truth, I've never been that interested in the phablet format, but I gotta say the Note 4 is looking pretty slick. Add to the fact that Touchwiz actually looks like a performer on it and I find myself considering dipping my toe in Samsung's waters since the GS3. I'm looking for some advice from the Note veterans. Realistically, what sort of learning curve am i looking at when adjusting to use a large device like the note? I fiddled with one at the At&T store, but really, any impression I took from my five minutes was vague at best. Think back to your phablet virginity days: was it ever frustrating? Did you guys ever have that moment where you feared you may have made a horrible mistake? Any tips to make the transition easier?

Posted via my tricked out Moto X.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I kept saying I'd never get a larger phone and each time I did. I went from the Droid X to the GS3 and then the Note 2. I love it and can't wait for the Note 4. Go for it! You won't regret it!

Note 2 via Android Central App

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I don't even think it's as large as people make it seem. I handle it just as well as an S5. But that may be just me though

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5338661)

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I kept saying I'd never get a larger phone and each time I did. I went from the Droid X to the GS3 and then the Note 2. I love it and can't wait for the Note 4. Go for it! You won't regret it!

Note 2 via Android Central App

I went from a GS3 to a MotoX. Touchwiz at the time was just more trouble than it was worth. Love the way it's matured on the Note 4 though. I love my X's form factor, but realize that those days are coming to an end. Was really stoked about the Galaxy Alpha because of its build and size, but the lackluster battery performance has made me abandon the idea of getting one. I realize that I might as well stop fighting the tide and just go big. I'm pretty excited to try s pen. I'm a longtime doodler sand can see myself having fun with that little guy. Thanks. Will probably see if I can luck into a Black Friday deal when its time to upgrade in December!

anon(5338661)

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't even think it's as large as people make it seem. I handle it just as well as an S5. But that may be just me though

That was the impression I got when handling it in the store, but I wasn't sure if the experience was accurate. It's hard to judge when the phone is attached to the display by a leash, ya know?

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I am going to ask though, are you going naked? I've never used a case on my Note 3 and don't think I ever will.
Samsung made the Note 3 and 4 the perfect size it seems, so going even a couple of millimetres in each direction in size can impact the way you handle your device.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I imaging that depends, if you tend to drop phones in the past, get a case. If not, going naked would be fine (I put skin protectors on front and back to boost resale values and prevent scratches to the glass).

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
In truth, I've never been that interested in the phablet format, but I gotta say the Note 4 is looking pretty slick. Add to the fact that Touchwiz actually looks like a performer on it and I find myself considering dipping my toe in Samsung's waters since the GS3. I'm looking for some advice from the Note veterans. Realistically, what sort of learning curve am i looking at when adjusting to use a large device like the note? I fiddled with one at the At&T store, but really, any impression I took from my five minutes was vague at best. Think back to your phablet virginity days: was it ever frustrating? Did you guys ever have that moment where you feared you may have made a horrible mistake? Any tips to make the transition easier?

Here's food for thought the note 4 a d the n3 have bigger screen then the iPhone plus but are smaller in overall size that's 6 plus looks to tall you'll get used to the size pretty quickly

Posted via Android Central App

tarpon6

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Wait until you've had the Note 4 a few days.. Then pick up your old phone. You'll wonder how you ever used that tiny thing. I was concerned about using such a large phone, but now when I look at my wife's S3 it looks so small I would never want to go back. We have to stop thinking about these devices as phones. They're really computers, used more for multimedia, social media, and productivity than making calls. All of those functions really benefit from a larger screen (and the s-pen). Oh yeah it can make calls too..

anon(5338661)

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I probably will use a case. I fell in love with UAG when I had my GS3 and will be getting the same case if I go for the N4. It adds plenty of protection without adding much to the device profile. I don't have a history of dropping my devices, but the occasional accidental tumble happens.

geoffr86

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I may be alone here, but I think the Note 4 feels significantly smaller in the hand over the Note 3.

It honestly doesn't feel like a phablet. It feels much closer to holding a regular phone.

It also doesn't feel very "Samsung" if that makes sense.

One handed operation is still hard work obviously, but this is a device that demands your attention when using it.

Love mine so far.

anon(5338661)

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I may be alone here, but I think the Note 4 feels significantly smaller in the hand over the Note 3.

It honestly doesn't feel like a phablet. It feels much closer to holding a regular phone.

It also doesn't feel very "Samsung" if that makes sense.

One handed operation is still hard work obviously, but this is a device that demands your attention when using it.

Love mine so far.

I had the EXACT same two thoughts when I picked it up in the store. I just wanted to make sure that initial impression wasn't some sort of fairy glamour brought on by the, "ooooh, SHINY!"

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Took me about 2 weeks to warm up to my Note 1 coming from a Iphone 4 back in 2011 and never looked back since. The note 4 is hands down better than the new Iphones which Ive used a lot since they came out. Its light weight, fast, great battery life, best screen I've seen on a phone ever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci