Best Buy Sprint Note 4 preorder shipping delay

Aaron Schweitzer

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I did my first preorder with Best Buy and chose to have it shipped to me, but after several phone calls and a promise that I would get it today I'm still waiting for it to be processed. I've seen lots of threads about in store pickup people still waiting, but haven't heard much about the ship to home people. so my question is, If you preordered a Sprint Note 4 from best BB has it been sent to you or do you have a confirmed shipping date?

SeanFromIT

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
My local BBY got ~10 pre-orders in last Friday, nothing since. They're unable to provide info on when they'll get them in stock for regular sale. They're blaming Samsung for the delays but I didn't find anything on 'the Google' saying Samsung was having trouble meeting demand. I think BBY fumbled this release big time.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Had the same problem. Pre-ordered at Best Buy only to come up empty on launch day. Every BB in Chicago were out of the Sprint Note 4's except for pre-orders respective to that store. After visiting 2 Sprint stores and calling 3 more, I found 1 store that had 2 left. Got one. Best Buy claimed that their pre-orders were based on a promised supply amount from Samsung, which they only filled half of. (i think it was bull****). So now I am waiting on Best Buy to get more cases in besides the flip cases so I can spend my 50 dollar gift card (from the preorder which was never used since I didn't buy the phone from there) on a decent case.

Posted via the Android Central App using my Galaxy Note 4 from Sprint

mkksal

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
not a best buy pre-order, but local sprint store. went in day after official release, they were sold out. ordered galaxy note 4, told it would arrive 3-4 days. today was told 7-10days. they had "no way" of knowing when shipment would arrive.

brianb95

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey Karalyn Sartor, VP of Global Customer Care at Best Buy, thanks for your email congratulating me on my order, hope you can read this, my response.

I pre-ordered the Samsung Note 4 at Best Buy mobile store on October 11th. Launch date came and went with no phone. Finally on October 23 I get an email saying the phone is ready at the store! Great! As I am driving to the store, the store associate calls and says the email was a mistake, they do not have a phone for me. They admit that they actually marked the order as "phone arrived waiting for pickup" accidentally as there is no phone in stock. They said to call 888-Best Buy to resolve the issue.

I called the 888 number, spoke to several associates who insisted they could not help me with pre-order issues, as all pre-orders must be handled by the store. I explained that the store said I should call the 888 number. I refuse to mediate between two Best Buy employees who are both pointing the finger at one another. I am a customer, not a mediator. The 888 Best Buy people all said they had no way to call the store. So I just kept escalating to a manager until finally someone in Best Buy Mobile "Back Office" (I picture a boiler room) said "Yes, she has a phone with outside calling privileges." So she called the store and spoke to the manager. She also promised to call me back within an hour for a status and a plan to resolve.

Its now October 25th:
- Nobody from Best Buy has contacted me, the store, the Back Office promise makers, or customer service.
- My order still shows that the phone is in the store ready to be picked up.
- I've gotten an email warning me the order will be cancelled if I don't pick up the phone
- The store does not have my phone

Best Buy, you are fully responsible. Your staff is not accountable. They are scared, un-trained, and have no capability to resolve issues.

You will suffer a slow corporate death spiral which has already begun because your only hope is we, your well educated customers can teach your associates what customer service is. The fact that I had to request a phone call back, instead of being offered one. The fact that your call center and store staff do not realize it is unacceptable to blame each other. The very technology you sell is contributing to your malfeasance, and you think that shiny new gadgets under bright lights will just sell themselves.

Why not just fire your entire staff except the loss control guy/greeter at the door? All we need is your show room, someone to open the door, and a self service credit card swiper.

If anyone at Best Buy cares to help me, my Best Buy back office case # is 146430079 and you have my cell phone number.

SDHarleydad

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Hope is there...after being told yesterday that no shipments for the weekend ....I was pissed all over. Then a coworker told me that he didn't preorder but walked into a best buy mobile site in our mall. They had a black one to sell. By the time I called...they were out.
BUT.. Not 5 minutes ago I got my email from BB for my charcoal Sprint phone. After my kids football game guess where I'm going

Posted via Android Central App

SDHarleydad

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Ok ...it was there. except for issues with activation because sprint had a glitch, Im pretty happy. The sales person even knew of a promotion 2 years ago of an extra $50 trade in value if you got Geek Squad insurance at the time of purchase. I did. I got $250 trade in on my Note 2 ...that I paid $199 for when new. not bad

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hey Karalyn Sartor, VP of Global Customer Care at Best Buy, thanks for your email congratulating me on my order, hope you can read this, my response.

I pre-ordered the Samsung Note 4 at Best Buy mobile store on October 11th. Launch date came and went with no phone. Finally on October 23 I get an email saying the phone is ready at the store! Great! As I am driving to the store, the store associate calls and says the email was a mistake, they do not have a phone for me. They admit that they actually marked the order as "phone arrived waiting for pickup" accidentally as there is no phone in stock. They said to call 888-Best Buy to resolve the issue.

I called the 888 number, spoke to several associates who insisted they could not help me with pre-order issues, as all pre-orders must be handled by the store. I explained that the store said I should call the 888 number. I refuse to mediate between two Best Buy employees who are both pointing the finger at one another. I am a customer, not a mediator. The 888 Best Buy people all said they had no way to call the store. So I just kept escalating to a manager until finally someone in Best Buy Mobile "Back Office" (I picture a boiler room) said "Yes, she has a phone with outside calling privileges." So she called the store and spoke to the manager. She also promised to call me back within an hour for a status and a plan to resolve.

Its now October 25th:
- Nobody from Best Buy has contacted me, the store, the Back Office promise makers, or customer service.
- My order still shows that the phone is in the store ready to be picked up.
- I've gotten an email warning me the order will be cancelled if I don't pick up the phone
- The store does not have my phone

Best Buy, you are fully responsible. Your staff is not accountable. They are scared, un-trained, and have no capability to resolve issues.

You will suffer a slow corporate death spiral which has already begun because your only hope is we, your well educated customers can teach your associates what customer service is. The fact that I had to request a phone call back, instead of being offered one. The fact that your call center and store staff do not realize it is unacceptable to blame each other. The very technology you sell is contributing to your malfeasance, and you think that shiny new gadgets under bright lights will just sell themselves.

Why not just fire your entire staff except the loss control guy/greeter at the door? All we need is your show room, someone to open the door, and a self service credit card swiper.

If anyone at Best Buy cares to help me, my Best Buy back office case # is 146430079 and you have my cell phone number.

Sounds like you got screwed and it's not fair. I recommend a huge BB boycott since you are not the only one to complain. I rolled the dice and did not preorder. I just walked into a tmo store on release date and got mine. I hope your issue is resolved soon.

Posted via the Android Central App

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like you got screwed and it's not fair. I recommend a huge BB boycott since you are not the only one to complain. I rolled the dice and did not preorder. I just walked into a tmo store on release date and got mine. I hope everyone who ordered from BB gets their phone soon.

yorusama

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Did you know that the $200 Best Buy promotion ends on November 1st? I just called my Best Buy, again, and they said they couldn't tell me if they would honor the promotion since I preordered and still haven't received it. It's not like I can go to Samsung and they will keep their promotion open to me since Best Buy didn't. Call your Best Buy to see if they have word on if they will honor the promotion past the exiration of the promotion until the device arrives.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
My BB pre-order got screwed up (long story), but after calling stores daily, I found one a week ago that had a couple in stock, so I got mine then. Another family member got hers via BB pre-order on 10/18. Another family member became eligible for an upgrade just today, and online it says that lots of stores in the Denver area now have them in stock, so we got one for her today. Three new Note 4s! All Sprint, all black.

All three phone lines had been registered earlier in the year for a $50 BB upgrade discount, so the price was essentially $50 plus the value of whatever we traded in (one iPhone 4s that had been in use but was despised, one cheapo Droid bought on eBay, and one pre-paid phone purchased new today at BB for $50 just for the trade-in deal). I'm feeling very lucky right now!

I wish all the rest of you the best in getting your phones and the $200 trade-in! It does seem messed up that they are shipping open stock phones to some stores if pre-orders are still waiting to be filled at other locations.

yorusama

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
You and me both...I hear the Note Edge is coming out in a couple of weeks....hmm strange I still haven't gotten my Note 4. I want the Edge, wonder if there will be any trade off BB will do???

xxINFIDELxx

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I managed to get mine...finally. Best Buy screwed up. No idea how, since I verified they had my email and everything, but they said I never came to pick it up and cancelled the order. I actually made about 5 trips to the store and daily phone calls checking the status. In the end I got them to honor a few expired "Welcome back" rewards points, etc. and ended up getting the phone for $25 out the door after they made adjustments. I also got a new Razer Black Widow Chroma $169 keyboard from them for 25% OFF. Should have asked for a free case or something too. Lesson learned, no more Best Buy pre-orders, probably not going to shop there anymore. I only go since they price match Amazon anyways.