App Data .....transfer from old to new Note 4?

hbrocks

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
I know google account holds the apps however, the "data" within my apps......how do I get that transferred over to my new Note 4?

Thanks

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
It will depend on the apps.
Some simple app settings can be saved on your Google account. For example, on my S4 , under accounts, Google, open my account, there is a 'Sync App Data'. So if I let my new device auto load apps from Google, it will also load the app data.
I have a few apps that I have made sure that I have exported the settings to SD card. I will simply copy those to my Note 4 (if it ever gets here). Then I will need to import those back into the same app on the new device.
I have a number of map apps that have the map file in the SD storage. I will copy those manually.
Verizon also include some form of backup app. I don't use it but it may do what I want.
I run My Backup. It has a few things like my call logs and SMS data that I will import, just for grins.
But for me, for the majority of the apps, I will do a clean install and setup from scratch. Basically, everything will be fresh except my call logs, SMS, offline map files and media.

rjm_robin

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Helium.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Thanks. I have that installed on my old phone, but used My Backup Pro when Kies 3 was no help at all. I still didn't get everything. I just thought I could copy the old 32 GB card to Windows 8.1, and then copy the contents to my new card, which did come pre-formatted; that wasn't the problem.

I think the problem is KitKat and restricted SD card read-write privileges, especially write.

I have an app called "Sleepmeter Pro" and I can't pull in a year and a half worth of data. And my S-Notes are sync-ed to the wrong account, too.

Thanks again to all.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

MonicaHoliday

Nov 2, 2015
Visit site
In both your old phone and note 4, configure Google Play with the same Gmail ID to transfer App from old to new Note 4. Then in your Google Play account purchase list you will have list of all the apps that you have downloaded till date. Just plug the required device and download the app that you require to the Note.

Last edited: