Note 4 "Ok Google" Not working

Jacekflyer

Feb 17, 2015
Visit site
In my case ok google voice stoped working from the moment I updated Google... To confirm it I deleted the new version and all was fine. Updated and it stoped again.

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
I did a "clear cache partition" and that cleared my problem right up. Before in Google now settings everything was grayed out. Did the clearing and fixed the problem.

cbilli01

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
OK...problem solved for the Note 4. I hope this helps. I had to download the "FPSV Background Acoustic Model" from Samsung to get it to work. Now it works like a charm & I happy again. "OK Google!"

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
OK...problem solved for the Note 4. I hope this helps. I had to download the "FPSV Background Acoustic Model" from Samsung to get it to work. Now it works like a charm & I happy again. "OK Google!"

After reading your post yesterday I downloaded FPSV today & checked the setting to use it when the lockscreen is activated. OK Google activated constantly when the screen was unlocked & I did not say "OK Google" & when the lockscreen was active it could not bypass it. After I opened the lockscreen whatever I told OK Google to do was open but I had to unlock it before I could access. Especially with OK Google constantly activating from the homescreen from normal conversation, even from the TV I had to uncheck the bypass lockscreen setting.

I can't imagine the OK Google feature working any worse than mine did. Anyone else have this problem or have a solution?

Kyril Cullen

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Note 4 "Ok Google" will not work, have tried everything

The voice language appears to have a requirement to be set to English US as well. I had mine set to English CAN(Canada) and the OK google stopped working in all environments including the Google app. I also noticed that the settings to have OK Google on were in fact enabled but greyed out. This drove me around the bend for a while until I changed the language back to English US and the. Everything worked fine .

Posted via the Android Central App

swathigbhat

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site

Hopefully the steps below work for all. It worked for me.
Settings >> Aplications >> Application Manager >> All >>Google App >>Manage Storage > Clear All data
Restart the device and check Google search.

Antwain Jordan

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I have a Note 4 AT&T 5.0.1. I was experiencing the same problem as everyone else, with my Gear Circle. I found that when I went to Settings>Language and Input>Google voice typing> and unchecked Bluetooth headset, My Ok Google works. The problem seems to be something with the bluetooth setting its self. I can hold the button down on my Gear and access Ok Google that way. As long as I'm within distance of my phone, which I usually am. Ok Google will hear me from the phone.

trekgraham

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

Apparently there is a problem with Bluetooth, because when I use my LG Tone+ I can't use ok google or Google search even when hitting the mic button. I have to restart the phone to get it to work.

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 using Tapatalk

BrokeWillSmith

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
"Okay Google" is working again. It appears Google was updating this functionality because the prompt now shows the updated Google logo in color as well as the microphone in color. I would have been nice to know this was being updated instead of being left in the dark.

Mchaney892

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
So this seemed to work for me.
Settings
General
Language & Input
Google voice typing
Bluetooth headset: records audio through bluetooth headset if available (Make Sure that is set to OFF)
That should fix it. It worked for me.

Last edited:

Mchaney892

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site

So this seemed to work for me.
Settings
General
Language & Input
Google voice typing
Bluetooth headset: records audio through bluetooth headset if available (Make Sure that is set to OFF)
That should fix it. It worked for me.

Spencer Garrett

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I got "OK Google" to work by going in the app saying "ok google" then saying "ok google everywhere" that made ok google detection start working anywhere for me. Hope it helps

MrMELTDOWN

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I don't have the "Audio History" option. I'm running 5.0.1

Posted via the Android Central App and I'm having the same "OK Google" issue as everyone else.

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Once in a while my Google Mow stops listening. I fix it by rebooting the phone. The only times it acts up is if I am connected to bluetooth in my car....

Posted via the Materialistic Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20