Wi-fi issues **disabled**

LAW203

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello forum,

After years of owning an iPhone, I finally made the switch today and received my note 4. I was able to join the wifi spot at the AT&T dealer but now that I'm home, when I try to connect to my wi-fi, I receive the message "disabled." Does anyone know why this is? Is it the phone or my internet provider?

skippyg

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Try factory reset in the storage settings. Warning it will erase everything though.

Never seen that error in android before. Does it allow you to input a password? Or is it after you do that?

Posted via the Android Central App

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello forum,

After years of owning an iPhone, I finally made the switch today and received my note 4. I was able to join the wifi spot at the AT&T dealer but now that I'm home, when I try to connect to my wi-fi, I receive the message "disabled." Does anyone know why this is? Is it the phone or my internet provider?
If you pull down the notification bar from the top of the screen, does WiFi show on or off?
If it is on, sorry I don't have any other suggestions.
Good Luck!
Ron

pyrolad

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone, after 7 years with iOS I finally purchased an android phone (also the Note 4 on AT&T) and I'm having this same issue. WiFi will connect to my home network and office network for about 10 seconds then say "Disabled" before falling back to LTE.

Interestingly enough, if I put my phone in airplane mode and then enable WiFi, the WiFi stays connected (because there's no LTE to fallback on?).

Anyone know of a fix?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ensure you guys have smart network switch off. It may be judging the wifi incorrectly which causes it to drop back to mobile.

Attachments

• 1414183422629.jpg
    1414183422629.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 35

Astaroth131

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm also having this issue. Just got my Note 4 today. As the others said, turning off mobile data will result in the WiFi connecting, but otherwise it is disabled. The Smart switch posted above is off.

Update: After rebooting my phone with the smart switch off it connected to Wifi no problem. Seems like the issue is resolved.

Last edited:

markcrobinson

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Same problem. I reboot, connect to wifi fine. Walk to another room (where other devices are fine) or sometimes just after a few mins note loses wifi, switches to 4g, and my wifi is not seen in the available list. Have to reboot again before the phone will see my wifi.
Smart switch is off.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Is this a problem that is happening exclusively with ATT Uverse? Call their tech support line. They can sometimes make remote channel changes in the router that might help.

Posted via Android Central App

pyrolad

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I haven't tried calling U-verse yet (my home ISP) but I'm not certain it will help since my office ISP is TimeWarner Business and the exact same issue persists there. :/

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I had that issue when I first brought the phone home and set it up. After restarting, nor factory reset, it worked fine and had no problems since.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith