Sprint S3 to Note4 -- signal improvement?

jlehrer100

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I have an S3 on Sprint in downtown Chicago and near north suburbs. The signal quality varies. In some locations the LTE is great, in other spots, I barely have 4G at all.

Has anybody had enough experience with the Note 4 on Sprint to know if it picks up a stronger signal?

My son has an S5 on Sprint and he seems to get a much better signal than I get on my S3.

skippyg

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I have an S3 on Sprint in downtown Chicago and near north suburbs. The signal quality varies. In some locations the LTE is great, in other spots, I barely have 4G at all.

Has anybody had enough experience with the Note 4 on Sprint to know if it picks up a stronger signal?

My son has an S5 on Sprint and he seems to get a much better signal than I get on my S3.

Youll most likely see improved signal. Better radio and Spark enabled so youll have access to Band 26 and band 41 access instead of just band 25 which isnt the best in terms of speed.

Posted via the Android Central App

xX_Rasher_Xx

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I had an S3 on Sprint as well and I know that it wasn't support on their new Spark network. It's possible that all the phones after that are supported on it. Which is why they are seeing better signals.

My understanding is the Spark network isn't that we'll established, only a few major cities have the towers and you have to be pretty close to benefit from them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2