Note 4 battery life?

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I had the Note 2 on T-Mobile and then when I switched to Verizon I picked up a Droid Maxx. Good phone, but after 3 months I really missed the Note so I got the Note 3, which I currently have.

The Note 3 life is horrendous. Amazing phone, but I am a heavy user and I need to charge at least twice a day.

I know its early, but any signs of the Note 4 battery issue? I know software plays a role, but spec wise it is almost the same sized battery.

I can upgrade in December and I am torn between Note 4 and Droid Turbo.

Posted via Android Central App

Grovzy1080

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: battery life?

Theres actually another thread in which people are posting screenshots of their battery life. I can tell you this, if you are a heavy user I would suggest an extra battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

I looked into those before, but I like using wireless charging, most of those are not compatible.

You may want to rethink the benefits of wireless charging when it comes to large capacity batteries. Except for topping off a big battery, the best wireless charger is less than half the speed of a wall charger. If your 10000 mah extended battery was discharged completely, it would take more than 8 hours to recharge it wirelessly.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

You may want to rethink the benefits of wireless charging when it comes to large capacity batteries. Except for topping off a big battery, the best wireless charger is less than half the speed of a wall charger. If your 10000 mah extended battery was discharged completely, it would take more than 8 hours to recharge it wirelessly.

Agreed, I had wireless charging probably earlier than most people, I still have many palm pre wireless charging stations scattered around the house.

Its not that great, slower, wasteful of energy, heat.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

I had the Note 2 on T-Mobile and then when I switched to Verizon I picked up a Droid Maxx. Good phone, but after 3 months I really missed the Note so I got the Note 3, which I currently have.

The Note 3 life is horrendous. Amazing phone, but I am a heavy user and I need to charge at least twice a day.

I know its early, but any signs of the Note 4 battery issue? I know software plays a role, but spec wise it is almost the same sized battery.

I can upgrade in December and I am torn between Note 4 and Droid Turbo.

A few have reported bad battery life on the Note 3. But, that is the minority not the majority. Maybe you got a bad one.
Sometimes the phones with the bad reception eat up the battery. Sometimes it's the background synching going on.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I actually think my Note 3's battery was a little bit better, but I think it may be because I knew what background items to disable and/or delete. I did have my weather app refresh hourly on my Note 3 so hopefully the Note 4's battery life won't get worse once I update my weather refresh rate and turn on my location services. I also need to find out how to shut off the pedometer (I actually just now had to google how to spell Pedometer as it looked like the spelling for measuring a person's pedobear capacity). I don't really need a device to tell me how much walking I do throughout the day....

DarkUncle

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
I certainly can't complain about the Note 4 battery. I left my phone unplugged last night and when I got up this morning it was only down to 97%. So it used 3% overnight. During the day depending on my usage we shall see. Just got it yesterday. I remember my note 3 was much better new than it was a year old. Batteries age like anything else.

Posted via the Android Central App