I believe the Galaxy S5 has a better display then the Note 4

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Was transferring stuff from my Galaxy S5 to the new Note 4 last night and noticed that the S5 display was better looking then the Note 4.
The whites were whiter, the colors were deeper and much cleaner looking then those of the Note 4.

Maybe I was just up too late. :p

If you have an S5 please compare it side by side with the Note 4 and let me know your results?

Thanks.

Honey_184

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
Hmm wow! Can't comment on that "yet" but I'll be able to compare when my daughters S5 comes in very soon. I would hope this isn't the case... Hmm did you have some shots last night? lol jk :p

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Here is a quick picture with both open to contacts. The whites and colors just look better on the S5.
Both were set to the same brightness.

View attachment 142867

The factory plastic was still on the Note 4 and made no difference when removed.
Maybe it's the Zagg glass on the S5 that makes it sharper?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Threads like this are interesting to me. I've seen the two side by side as well and found the Note to be more crisp and clean looking. I can't imagine the factory plastic covering the Note didn't hinder it, however ultimately I think it comes down to preference. Some prefer the look of one screen over another for whatever reason. I think both the S5 and the Note 4 look incredible but i'd prefer the Note 4's display any day.

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
it looks like they are using completely different colors to me. i.e. turquoise instead of blue. You should try something else like the same video or images.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Man! When you fell off the truck, how hard did you hit your head?

J/k :)

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I am not sure S5 to N4 screen result favoring the S5 would be all that remarkable depending on the screen resolution of the S5. I don't know the screen resolution for the S5 but I am sure somebody does here at this site. Probably everybody but me knows what it is at this site. It is a smaller screen. If it has 1080P or the same screen resolution as the N4 just as an example, it would or at least should produce a brighter more eye catching result simply because it is pushing the same or similar pixels over less screen area.

As for the color rendition, the standard setting in N4 has been described as over-saturated I believe. However I also believe there is a screen setting called basic or professional that actual produces near perfect color temps. From what I have seen in the reviews mentioning that setting, reviewers have called it the best color rendition they have seen on a Sammy device.