How do you hide a picture folder in Note 4?

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If you hide files from unauthorized users, say a picture, where then is the picture located for the authorized user to see?

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
If you hide files from unauthorized users, say a picture, where then is the picture located for the authorized user to see?
If you use private mode, then you have to ensure the mode is enabled before you can see it as authorised user i.e it should look like this when turned on. uploadfromtaptalk1427377206421.jpg

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I moved all my album covers to private, so they wouldn't clutter my galley but they're still there but now they have a lock icon on them. What am I doing wrong?

Posted via the Android Central App

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I moved all my album covers to private, so they wouldn't clutter my galley but they're still there but now they have a lock icon on them. What am I doing wrong?

You have to turn off private mode once you are done in the toggle settings.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am a little slow and still confused.

If the files are hidden, where are they? Where will I find them. Our phones do not have an option for separate users do they?

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok I'm still on KitKat and I just did a factory reset.. I removed my sd card during the reset. All of the pictures, mainly the album art from the music folder that i had set to private are now gone.

xxdbkxx

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
You've explained how to hide a picture and one option for accessing it, but WHERE is the filed moved to?

For example, if I wanted to access via Astro File Manager.....where would I look?

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
You've explained how to hide a picture and one option for accessing it, but WHERE is the filed moved to?

For example, if I wanted to access via Astro File Manager.....where would I look?

I believe it is exactly where it was originally but the place marker is hidden so you can't see it except in Private Mode. It is the same slight of hand that protects hidden OS files from being accidentally edited or deleted by a user. Or in short, it hasn't been moved anywhere.

You can confirm this by using an App like Solid Explorer or ES File Explorer which will show hidden files if you so choose.

Ambivalencetech

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
If it is paramount to hide it like super dangerous and you're rooted with Xposed and titanium backup then you can put the picture in any picture management app of your choice. Lock it with the xposed module called maxlock (pin code) with fake die option and freeze the app with titanium. Each time you want to access it you have to defrost the app in titanium and enter the pass code in maxlock.

xxdbkxx

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
I believe it is exactly where it was originally but the place marker is hidden so you can't see it except in Private Mode. It is the same slight of hand that protects hidden OS files from being accidentally edited or deleted by a user. Or in short, it hasn't been moved anywhere.

You can confirm this by using an App like Solid Explorer or ES File Explorer which will show hidden files if you so choose.

I don't believe this is accurate. The pictures are moved into a different album called "private". I have not been able to find them using Astro, File Expert or ES File Explorer.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe this is accurate. The pictures are moved into a different album called "private". I have not been able to find them using Astro, File Expert or ES File Explorer.

Interesting. I don't have the actual expertise in enough depth to argue one way or the other.

xxdbkxx

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
It actually appears as though a new emulated sd card is created and they are stored on /storage/private.

Now, the next question is....is it created on the device or external sd card?

Since originally posting this question, my Note 4 died. Won't power on at all. Asurion sent me a new one, but I'm trying to retrieve the files that I previously had "moved to private". If this new emulated storage area is on the device, do I have any hopes of retrieving before I send my old unit back?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair