Note 4 Newb Questions Depot

Chuondroid

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
The last android device was a Droid X. Please bare with me. I will have a few questions...here is the first newb Q:

1. What program do you use or how does your Mac read your Note 4 when connected via USB? I can't find mine anywhere - I even downloaded and installed android file transfer from android.com and it keeps saying "restart, reconnect your device via usb" and I have done it numerous times.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Newb Questions Depot

The last android device was a Droid X. Please bare with me. I will have a few questions...here is the first newb Q:

1. What program do you use or how does your Mac read your Note 4 when connected via USB? I can't find mine anywhere - I even downloaded and installed android file transfer from android.com and it keeps saying "restart, reconnect your device via usb" and I have done it numerous times.

I use Android File Transfer on my Mac. Sometimes, if you've never used it before, you may have to force it a little. Connect your phone via USB to your Mac, if Android File Transfer does not see your phone, while still connected via usb, restart your Mac. It should see it after the restart. Also, if you have Samsung Kies installed on your Mac, Android File Transfer will not work. In that case open the dmg file for Samsung Kies and use the uninstall in the dmg file to remove Kies.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Newb Questions Depot

Okay, I have airdroid open, is there a way to add contacts from Mac to Note?

Android File Transfer is a drag and drop solution for transferring files like you would do between two Finder windows. It's not going to help you transfer/sync contacts. You can export your Address Book and import to Gmail contacts, here's a link to help with that https://support.google.com/mail/answer/183711?hl=en

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance