How do you change the sound notification for email on Galaxy Note 4 new email app perhaps?

DoctorWh0

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I have been able to change pretty much everything else but all i can seem to find is the priority sender settings and i would like to change the notification sound when i receive an email to something else. a new app may be sufficient but if possible i would like to keep the current app.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You using the stock Samsung email app or Gmail? They both have notification sound settings within the app to change the email notification sound but getting to the setting is slightly different in each app. In any case, if you dig through the settings with the app itself you can change the sound to something more your liking.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Priority senders is just for messaging, not email, as far as I can see.

To change your notification sound on the stock email app, hit the menu button (three vertical stripes) on the upper left, then select Manage accounts at the bottom of the menu. Then select the account whose notification sound you want to change. You'll see the Notification sound setting.

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I have been able to change pretty much everything else but all i can seem to find is the priority sender settings and i would like to change the notification sound when i receive an email to something else. a new app may be sufficient but if possible i would like to keep the current app.

Same here. I followed the 2 suggestions following your post, and the only option to change the notification sound is for priority senders, and I don't have any priority senders.

It seems the only sound available to me is the annoying bubble popping sound. I'm using the email app that was preloaded when I got the phone.

I like the app except for not being able to change the notification sound.

Posted via the Android Central App on my awesome Note 4

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Can you show screen shots of what you're doing? Because mine works just fine.

I would, but I don't know how to post a screenshot. Sounds dumb I know... I am using the tablet app. Is there a way to post a screenshot from the phone app?

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
When you go into Settings, tap the email account under "Manage accounts" first, then tap the email account again, then go down to Notification sound and tap there to get to different choices for the ringtone.

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Nevermind. I figured it out. Opened my email app. I tapped the 3 dots on the Right Side at the top of the screen> Settings> tapped on Manage accounts (shows email address on next line)>tap email address again on next screen> about 2/3 of the way down under Notification Settings, choose your notification sound.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Nevermind. I figured it out. Opened my email app. I tapped the 3 dots on the Right Side at the top of the screen> Settings> tapped on Manage accounts (shows email address on next line)>tap email address again on next screen> about 2/3 of the way down under Notification Settings, choose your notification sound.

Yep that's it!

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Yep that's it!

I was trying the other instructions posted by tapping the STRIPES on the left side, but it's actually the 3 vertical DOTS on the right side. No harm, and I learned something new, which is a good thing. This is my first Android, and I'm loving it. Getting a lot of valuable tips here.

Also, when I uploaded the screenshots to imgur, there was nothing about a bb code, just a url address.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I was trying the other instructions posted by tapping the STRIPES on the left side, but it's actually the 3 vertical DOTS on the right side. No harm, and I learned something new, which is a good thing. This is my first Android, and I'm loving it. Getting a lot of valuable tips here.

Also, when I uploaded the screenshots to imgur, there was nothing about a bb code, just a url address.

Actually the stripes instructions were correct, but as long as you found where to change it that's all that matters.

nhhillrider

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I was able to do the same for the "email" app but not for the gmail app :(

I've tried disabling just about everything related to notifications including inside the gmail app, but the phone still wakes up and
flashes when gmail arrives. I'd like it to just send a pleasant notification sound (of my choice) ..once ... and otherwise stay asleep.

thanks for any help!

joanvanzyl

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar problem - I want to get rid of notification sounds because they are noisy and I work in an open-plan office. I set notifications under "Sound" to Silent and I managed to set them to silent as well on one of my email addresses following the instructions above, but the other email address does not make the "notification sound" button available. Plus the thing also makes a sound when someone posts on Facebook, and I can't work out where to switch that off. The Note is wonderful, but my old BlackBerry was far more userfriendly and straightforward when it came to sound settings.

Tamara E

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
I found the "Notification Sound" option in the "Notification Settings" section of my email account, but it's grayed out and doesn't allow me to access it to make changes. Suggestions?

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I found the "Notification Sound" option in the "Notification Settings" section of my email account, but it's grayed out and doesn't allow me to access it to make changes. Suggestions?

What email account do you have connected to your email app? Is it a Gmail account?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs