SD Card not found

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
So I got a Samsung EVO 64GB card, brand new, and just got my N4. I put it in, restart, etc...and it's just not recognizing it. When I goto "storage," at the bottom it says "Insert SD card".
Am I missing something? Is there something I need to do with it first?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
No, you shouldn't have to do anything with the card prior to putting it in the phone. Do you have the ability to check the card with a computer to see if it will read the card?

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I dont...and I dont have another card to check the phone. Maybe I should just take it into Verizon and have them take alook. Everything else seems fine.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I dont...and I dont have another card to check the phone. Maybe I should just take it into Verizon and have them take alook. Everything else seems fine.

Yes, that sounds like your best alternative. Could just be a bad card, but better play it safe and check it with your carrier in case it is the phone.

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Took it to the vzw store. Their SD card worked. So it must've been the card. Sent that one back and ordered a new one.
Thanka

Posted via the Android Central App

kostisa

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
It also depends on how big the card is... Anything over 32GB you may have to format (FAT32?) on a computer before you install on the phone...

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Wait.. So the 64gb replacement card I ordered won't work either? I don't have a computer with a card slot. Not sure what to do now

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Wait.. So the 64gb replacement card I ordered won't work either? I don't have a computer with a card slot. Not sure what to do now

Just format it in the phone, it'll be fine. I usually run a format in the phone when I install a new card but that's not really necessary with a brand new card, it just makes me feel better to do it and it's become habit.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

And,unmount the SD card before removing it if you ever need to remove it.

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4

bmoore0909

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Oh OK. I thought I had to to it in a computer first.
Awesome news is that I ordered it at 7pm from amazon on Friday and it will be here on Sunday with prime.
Love Sunday amazon delivery now :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante