MultiTasking Lag

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm kinda seeing some lag when trying to access the MultiTasking list of recent apps. It seems that it takes a couple of seconds between the keypress and the actual list. Same thing when selecting an app.

I'm using T-Mobile's version of the phone, in case that makes any difference, but I was wondering if others were noticing this as well.

So far it's the only lag I've seen with this phone hehe even still running TouchWiz :p But it can get annoying.

Tinmania

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I see the same thing on an AT&T Note 4. To me it is glaringly obvious since everything else seems so fast.

Some have suggested it is because the recents button can be long-pressed for menu. But the home button can be long-pressed for Google Now and that isn't slow. S-Voice was a double press on home so I can see how disabling that helps (and I did disable it).

But the app switcher is def slow. I use the Active Apps widget and it is very fast. I wish we could change to another app switcher for the recents button.

Mike

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm kinda seeing some lag when trying to access the MultiTasking list of recent apps. It seems that it takes a couple of seconds between the keypress and the actual list. Same thing when selecting an app.

I'm using T-Mobile's version of the phone, in case that makes any difference, but I was wondering if others were noticing this as well.

So far it's the only lag I've seen with this phone hehe even still running TouchWiz :p But it can get annoying.

The lag is there but it's not bad compared to other lag I have experienced on other Android versions on my GS3. I'm also on Tmo.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hmm... interesting. I have S-Voice command button disabled (not the app itself) but I definitely use Google Now. I'll maybe try it later and see if that does make a difference. Did you disable S-Voice app or just the home button shortcut to it?

MrDioji

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I sadly also feel the recent apps lag. It's not a predictable .5s delay or whatever either. It's variable and long and every time I wonder if I missed the button. It is frustrating and lots of times I find myself exiting and relaunching the next app instead of using it. Everything else is superb though.
Verizon btw

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Just got my Note 4 yesterday, I'm on the T-Mobile network and my phone as been very buggy out of the box in just about all aspects of use. Just sad that a phone with so much hype is not flawless, especially for as much as I paid for it.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Just got my Note 4 yesterday, I'm on the T-Mobile network and my phone as been very buggy out of the box in just about all aspects of use. Just sad that a phone with so much hype is not flawless, especially for as much as I paid for it.

Maybe you got a bad device? There is no such thing as a flawless smartphone. Mine (Sprint) is nearly flawless. Two main gripes. 1) unfortunately, I am getting that recent button lag... It's noticeable and it bothers me.
2) This is not the phone's or Samsung' fault but Sprint's fault. And that is the lack of ability to do voice and data simultaneously except when I'm on wifi. I had this on my Sprint Note 3 but since this is a Spark device (which isn't even available in my area... Just regular LTE) I lost the ability to do it.

Other than that... This phone performs marvelously with hardly nigh a hiccup.

Posted via the Android Central App using my Galaxy Note 4 from Sprint

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I think there's a difference between perfect and flawless. Flawless performance is what I expect out of a device that costs $800. Mine has been buggy and laggy since I fired it up yesterday. My battery has been less than stellar, but I'm trying to condition it so hopefully it will perform better. My HTC one m8 was flawless out of the box and performed without a hiccup. It was not perfect, the camera could have been better, but other than that it was flawless. The note 4 has potential, but my patience will only take me so far.

jdhooghe

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I think there's a difference between perfect and flawless. Flawless performance is what I expect out of a device that costs $800. Mine has been buggy and laggy since I fired it up yesterday. My battery has been less than stellar, but I'm trying to condition it so hopefully it will perform better. My HTC one m8 was flawless out of the box and performed without a hiccup. It was not perfect, the camera could have been better, but other than that it was flawless. The note 4 has potential, but my patience will only take me so far.

Is it possible to exchange it?

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I will be patient and give it a few days, but will return if it doesn't change. Not sure if I will get my M8 back, but will certainly try another Note 4.

Posted via Android Central App

Dude just exchange it. You probably got a bad one.

Posted via the Android Central App using my Galaxy Note 4 from Sprint

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I'm calling "bad device" here for yours. Mine is not buggy at all except for the Multi-task lag. Battery life has been amazing and I'm even wondering why I even got a spare battery.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm experiencing the lag on my Verizon Galaxy Note 4. The more apps I have running in the background, the worse it is.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I have lag on multitasking too. And I also am wondering why I bought a spare battery! Battery life on the 805 and fast charging is awesome! (att note 4, lag on nova and tw). But not a deal breaker by any means.

mlee19841

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Same here. Note 4 on Verizon. Doesn't get to me. Hopefully it will be fixed within the next update.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I have the AT&T Note 4, I set up my device on developer mode to the animation to 2.0. Everything is smooth. I also disabled S-Voice and I am using Ok Google.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke