4.5 million Note 4's sold in the past month.

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Cult of Android - Samsung's already sold 4.5 million Galaxy Note 4 handsets

According to those elusive "insiders", Samsung sold 4.5 million Galaxy Note 4's in the past month worldwide, which is just shy of the 5 million Galaxy Note 3's sold at this point last year.

The article is quick to point out that the reason for the lower numbers could be because of markets where the launch has been delayed, and because customers may be holding out for the Note Edge. They also remind us that the numbers are still unofficial.

The article fails to mention the possibility of increased competition from the likes of LG (with their G3), customers holding out for the Nexus 6, and the very likely possibility of increased competition from the iPhone 6 plus.

Posted via the Android Central App using my Galaxy Note 4 from Sprint

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Very happy with my 4, they can have the Iphone. Why would I want a phone everyone and their teenagers have? I have yet to see anyone with a Note 4 which is how I like my tech.

KingTongue

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
They should have been more prepared after the anouncment of the device. It was a whole month until we got it compared to Apple's 2 weeks. That's a lot of customers lost.

Posted via My Note 4

anon8126715

Banned
Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if Verizon and their little game of delaying the release had any impact on the numbers. Granted they did the same thing last year with the Note 3, but I wonder how many people saw that they couldn't get the Note 4 on the release date for other carries and said, "to hell with the Note 4, I'll just go with an iPhone if I'm going to have to wait anyways." I know I was contemplating getting another device and/or switching carriers.

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
In my experience, Verizon is always the last to get the top end phones. Never knew why this was the case. I'm betting T Mobile and AT&T will be first to get the Edge here in the US when it comes next month but will be hard to get. Limited numbers.

SJAprilMay

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I noticed that there was virtually NO Note 4 advertising in my local cell phone provider windows like there was for the iPhone. I, for one, am so sick of seeing iPhone thrown in my face everywhere. Even when you go to buy accessories there is this huge iPhone section with lots of signage, etc and very little for Samsung. The Note 4 is the greatest phone I have ever used, coming from several iPhones as well as several Galaxy versions. I do own a MacBook air, which I will retire eventually and pick up a Samsung PC because I believe their product line is much better, not to mention compatible with all my Samsung and Android products.

I think the lack of IN YOUR FACE cult recruitment has something to do with the low sales....Apple has convinced SO many people and generations that their products are what you need to be "in" and current and relevant. I hated the Apple ecosystem back in the day and still hate it. Samsung and Android all the way for me. I don't care about numbers. They certainly don't advertise numbers when Apple users jump ship for Android so I think the numbers are a bit skewed.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Those numbers aren't good

Posted via My Note 4

The Note 4 can never compete with the iPhone sales wise. Remember there's only one iPhone, while the Note 4 is just ONE, of many great android phones. The Note 4 has to compete for market share with HTC one M8, LG3, Galaxy S5, and Note 3. All iPhone owners only have one choice,

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
The Note 4 can never compete with the iPhone sales wise. Remember there's only one iPhone, while the Note 4 is just ONE, of many great android phones. The Note 4 has to compete for market share with HTC one M8, LG3, Galaxy S5, and Note 3. All iPhone owners only have one choice,

Totally agree. No way can or should you compare iPhone sales to note 4 sales. Compare iPhone sales to Android sales.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
They should have been more prepared after the anouncment of the device. It was a whole month until we got it compared to Apple's 2 weeks. That's a lot of customers lost.

Posted via My Note 4

Had the 6 plus and N4 been released at the same time, the IPhone would have definitely won out in sales.
Delaying the N4 release until after the 6 plus was sold out, actually helps N4 sales, since now it is essentially the only new phone in its class that is available. Furthermore,
not everyone was ready for an upgrade when the 6 plus came out last month. Every month a whole new group of potential buyers join in the hunt for a new phone when their 2 year contracts are up for renewal. Those new people who are ready for a contract upgrade phone this month can only buy a N4. The 6 plus is sold out and won't be available for at least 2 to 3 months and many people won't wait that long. So impatient Apple fans may buy the N4 instead.

Posted via Android Central App

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Totally agree. No way can or should you compare iPhone sales to note 4 sales. Compare iPhone sales to Android sales.

Posted via the Android Central App from the beast A.K.A. Note 4.

The Note series has nowhere to go but UP compared to the iPhone that's mostly sold to the same customers every year, there's more room for growth in the note series

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Had the 6 plus and N4 been released at the same time, the IPhone would have definitely won out in sales.
Delaying the N4 release until after the 6 plus was sold out, actually helps N4 sales, since now it is essentially the only new phone in its class that is available. Furthermore,
not everyone was ready for an upgrade when the 6 plus came out last month. Every month a whole new group of potential buyers join in the hunt for a new phone when their 2 year contracts are up for renewal. Those new people who are ready for a contract upgrade phone this month can only buy a N4. The 6 plus is sold out and won't be available for at least 2 to 3 months and many people won't wait that long. So impatient Apple fans may buy the N4 instead.

Posted via Android Central App

Upgrade or full price, the note is my favorite phone

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4

bokehsan

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile won't even let me order one and none of the stores in the bay area seem to have them in stock. A shortage doesn't seem to help those numbers.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Although it stinks to see them ordered I think it's s good sign that they can't keep them in stock. I went to the Verizon stores looking for cases. All three said as soon as stuff comes in they sell out of it. Especially the screen protectors. They said the note 4 has been selling well and they can't keep it in stock. Not selling well as in iPhone sales but well.

Also could be a factor of Samsung shorting supply to make it appear the phone just in high demand. I don't have the answer. But 4 million sold is a ton to me.

Beamed across the web from my Beastly Galaxy Note 4!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs