Glad I returned the g3

da3lynx

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I also got rid of a G3 for a note 4. The G3 is a great phone, but I had the note 3 before that one and really missed having the spen around

crazyralph90

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Myself I got the Note 4 then returned it to keep my g3. I was just happier with the smaller body and the more accurate camera.

Posted via Android Central App

justmikey

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Need some advice. I'm interested in getting the LG G3 (currently have a Nexus 4 and love it) but not sure which variant to get. I see talk of several different models 850/ 851/ 855. I'm using T-Mobile (HSDPA+ w/ Nexus 4) and want to make sure I can take advantage of 4G LTE and WiFi calling. Does the model matter? I see the D855 is the more popular on most forums and online. Thanks!

Last edited:

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I got the note 4 and have told my self that I would have been happy with the g3 but what just was upsetting to me was the 801 chip but yea both great phone's

Posted via the Android Central App

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I had the G3 since its release and there were alot of great things about it like the keyboard, the fast charging, the loud speaker and the knock code. But there were way too many issues on the device. It felt rushed as if they were really trying to make sure they were the first to the quad hd screen first. The battery died quick, the screen was very dull, dim, and overrated even on full brightness, it was very laggy as well. I think they are on the right track with things though so the G4 should be legit. I couldnt be happier with switching to the Note 4 though. Its everything the G3 wasn't and should've been.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I also switched from the g3. I just couldn't get over the fact that they used the 801 chip. I always felt like the phone was underpowered, which caused excessive heat and battery drain.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

justmikey

May 22, 2013
Visit site
So for those of you who switched from LG G3 to Note 4 what are your thoughts/ feelings about TouchWiz? Still worth the switch? I'm a former Apple FanBoy but have been rockin my Nexus 4 for the last year and a half and really considering the LG G3. But keep hearing great things about the Note 4. I love the stock android on my Nexus 4 and not a fan of touchwiz or bloatware. I hear the G3 has very little. Just wondering whether the TouchWiz is that much of an issue for those of you switching to Note 4. Thanks!

Last edited:

Statastic

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
So for those of you who switched from LG G3 to Note 4 what are your thoughts/ feelings about TouchWiz? Still with the switch? I'm a former Apple FanBoy but have been rockin my Nexus 4 for the last year and a half and really considering the LG G3. But keep hearing great things about the Note 4. I love the stock android on my Nexus 4 and not a fan of touchwiz or bloatware. I hear the G3 has very little. Just wondering whether the TouchWiz is that much of an issue for those of you switch to Note 4. Thanks!

In my opinion, the touch wiz has been much improved. I haven't had any problems with it yet. If you don't like touch wiz, you could always use another launcher like Nova (my personal favorite) or another one. The G3 isn't a bad device at all, it is good, it was just rushed and put out with underwhelming power and a processor not built for a quad hd screen which is why the heat and low battery issues occur. They are on the right track though and by the G4 they should be rock solid. Right now though, too many faults are what caused me to leave the G3.

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
So for those of you who switched from LG G3 to Note 4 what are your thoughts/ feelings about TouchWiz? Still with the switch? I'm a former Apple FanBoy but have been rockin my Nexus 4 for the last year and a half and really considering the LG G3. But keep hearing great things about the Note 4. I love the stock android on my Nexus 4 and not a fan of touchwiz or bloatware. I hear the G3 has very little. Just wondering whether the TouchWiz is that much of an issue for those of you switch to Note 4. Thanks!
I'd avoid the G3. The screen is poor,dull and washed out. It's slow and lags a lot with high battery drain and it feels underpowered. The Note 4 is much better,Touchwiz has improved a lot and it feels much less bloated and faster. The battery on the N4 is excellent and the low powered SAMOLED really excels compared to the G3. So really, summing up changing the N4 for the G3 would be a mistake.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the other 2. The g3 would be a good phone but does have the flaws listed above, it did feel like it was rushed out. As far as touchwiz, it is a big improvement over earlier versions, but I'm a nova user and nova goes on all my phones including the g3. I like the features nova offers like gestures, I like my swipe up to get settings, swipe down for notification bar, double tap to shut screen off, which all is customizable. I like that I can change icon size, change label color, icon theme, scroll dock, and more. So for me nova is worth every penny I paid for it, there is a free version with less options. The nice thing about nova or any third party launcher is no matter what phone you get you don't have to learn a new launcher, throw nova on and you feel at home again.

With that said, the note 4 just feels more polished to me, runs smoother and I feel the faster chip pays off on the note 4. But it is more money so you have to decide if it's worth the extra cash, for me it was.

Here is a picture of my
Home screen showing my icon pack, smaller icons, label colors. Nova all the way.

b923d2d709204c12dbafcdcb01162e7e.jpg

Last edited:

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I'd avoid the G3. The screen is poor,dull and washed out. It's slow and lags a lot with high battery drain and it feels underpowered. The Note 4 is much better,Touchwiz has improved a lot and it feels much less bloated and faster. The battery on the N4 is excellent and the low powered SAMOLED really excels compared to the G3. So really, summing up changing the N4 for the G3 would be a mistake.

I got the G3 the day it came out and used it until the Note 4 dropped and now my GF has it and I have to disagree with some of these comments. The G3 is a fantastic device to me. Edged out by the Note 4 mainly because I like Samsung's software. The G3's screen is amazing and is probably the most accurate when it comes to true color. It isn't as vibrant and oversaturated as Samsungs which ppl had a hard time adjusting to, but definitely one of the best displays out there when it comes to true color.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I got the G3 the day it came out and used it until the Note 4 dropped and now my GF has it and I have to disagree with some of these comments. The G3 is a fantastic device to me. Edged out by the Note 4 mainly because I like Samsung's software. The G3's screen is amazing and is probably the most accurate when it comes to true color. It isn't as vibrant and oversaturated as Samsungs which ppl had a hard time adjusting to, but definitely one of the best displays out there when it comes to true color.
You said it, main reason the note 4 wins for me is the software. Saturated colors or not, note 4 sticks out for me. For the price point the g3 is at, it's a decent phone, but the note 3 is better and worth the extra $100 to me. I was just pointing out that a phones launcher such as touchwiz, shouldn't be the determining factor on getting a phone, not with good 3rd party launchers on the market.

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I love the G3, no complaints and LG did an amazing job with it especially with the UI but I do agree that it was rushed.

tapatalk LG pro D852

Lefty Drummer

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the other 2. The g3 would be a good phone but does have the flaws listed above, it did feel like it was rushed out. As far as touchwiz, it is a big improvement over earlier versions, but I'm a nova user and nova goes on all my phones including the g3. I like the features nova offers like gestures, I like my swipe up to get settings, swipe down for notification bar, double tap to shut screen off, which all is customizable. I like that I can change icon size, change label color, icon theme, scroll dock, and more. So for me nova is worth every penny I paid for it, there is a free version with less options. The nice thing about nova or any third party launcher is no matter what phone you get you don't have to learn a new launcher, throw nova on and you feel at home again.

With that said, the note 4 just feels more polished to me, runs smoother and I feel the faster chip pays off on the note 4. But it is more money so you have to decide if it's worth the extra cash, for me it was.

Here is a picture of my
Home screen showing my icon pack, smaller icons, label colors. Nova all the way.

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/25/b923d2d709204c12dbafcdcb01162e7e.jpg

Like your home screen, which icon pack is that? I run Nova as well, absolutely the best launcher, imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2