Lock screen notifications?

Cyberdelia

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
So on the M8 I had to use a third party app to get notifications on the lock screen (with security enabled). Does the Note 4 have anything built into touchwiz so I can get email and hangout notifications on the lock screen? Went from the M8 to the iPhone 6 plus and I'm disliking iOS 8 and the note 4 looks nice.

penningtonsm

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the Microsoft garage next lock screen and I really like it.

Posted via Android Central App

Hey I was using this as well bit noticed my note 4 lockscreen didn't disable when I used this, so basically it was like having two lock screens. So after I unlock next lockscreen it takes me to note 4 lockscreen. Do you experience this as well? Or do I have it set up incorrectly?

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Give AcDisplay a try. I've tried just about all of the lock screen apps I can find and have found this to be the most complete offering. It's a little like the MotoX lock screen and does a very good job of showing all of your notifications at a glance. One essential feature for me is the ability to skip and pause music from my lockscreen and most applications don't have that functionality, AcDisplay does. You can also unlock by swiping anywhere, instead of having to swipe up or down, or left to right in a specific spot; just swipe anywhere and it unlocks. Honestly, in my opinion, there is nothing out there that comes close.

elysm1

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
Does ACDisplay work with the Note 4 fingerprint or at least have some type of security prevention (like pin)?

It doesn't look like it. I don't use one, so it's never been a concern, but I know most people do. Could potentially turn a lot of people off.

ajneuman

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey I was using this as well bit noticed my note 4 lockscreen didn't disable when I used this, so basically it was like having two lock screens. So after I unlock next lockscreen it takes me to note 4 lockscreen. Do you experience this as well? Or do I have it set up incorrectly?

you need to turn off the default lockscreen. Settings > Device > Lock Screen Set Screen Security to None.

Phil Hamlin

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Recent adopter of the note 4 here. Has anyone found a good third party lock screen solution that provides notifications and plays well with the fingerprint unlock functionality?

Love the phone so far. Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Phil

heathersimon

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I like DynamicNotifications, plays well with the AMOLED screen and comes the closest to the Nokia Glance functionality of the apps I've found so far.