Note 4 Auto Brightness, washed out and super bright?

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I've only had the device for 2 days, when using it outside in direct sunlight it gets really bright and kinda washed. The theme color changes, is this a mode? Normal?

Posted via the Android Central App

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Will only do this outside when auto brightness is on. Freaked me out the other day when I was out and checked my phone. Thought it was a defect until I googled it.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Mine does that. It washes out the colors so badly that I can't see the maps on my GPS software.

I went into the display settings, Screen mode, and turned off Adaptive display (I am trying AMOLED PHOTO now), and that is much better. Though I need to test that a few times too.

Anyone that believes that washed out display is easy to see in sunlight is wrong. When you are looking at the screen and suddenly everything turns white, it becomes useless. And I suspect it sucks a huge amount of battery power.

I am also experimenting with adding a separate screen brightness controller. I hate to do that, but I may have too.

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
Mine does that. It washes out the colors so badly that I can't see the maps on my GPS software.

I went into the display settings, Screen mode, and turned off Adaptive display (I am trying AMOLED PHOTO now), and that is much better. Though I need to test that a few times too.

Anyone that believes that washed out display is easy to see in sunlight is wrong. When you are looking at the screen and suddenly everything turns white, it becomes useless. And I suspect it sucks a huge amount of battery power.

I am also experimenting with adding a separate screen brightness controller. I hate to do that, but I may have too.

Works great for me in sunlight. Colors get almost like a neon hue. It's easy to see in the sunlight.

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Do you think adapt display really ways some of the battery, I noticed the screen change when I'm in Facebook and Twitter etc.

Did the same on my S5, but trying the AMOLED cinema now. Let me know what your experience is with adapt disabled.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Works great for me in sunlight. Colors get almost like a neon hue. It's easy to see in the sunlight.

On the GPS software that I want to use, the map colors complete wash out. I noticed today that Google maps don't do the same thing, or at least not badly. But my maps become almost useless.

beavo451

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
On the GPS software that I want to use, the map colors complete wash out. I noticed today that Google maps don't do the same thing, or at least not badly. But my maps become almost useless.
So just because you don't like it automatically means "Anyone that believes that washed out display is easy to see in sunlight is wrong."?

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I was taking some pictures with my phone and they appeared over exposed until I got into my car were they became normal again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca