Question re: VZW Caller ID Name App

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I understand that the carriers put their own apps on these phones, but I have a VZW app notification that I cannot clear. This particular VZW Caller ID Name app says I get a free 10 day trial, but I'm not interested in it. However I cannot clear it from my notifications bar across the top of the phone. I'm afraid to click on it because I'm concerned that it will activate the app automatically.

So I guess my question is, how do I disable or delete these carrier-specific apps so they don't continue running? And if I happen to click them off-handedly in the notification pull down screen, have I inadvertently activated them such that they're now part of my Note 4 "ecosystem"?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but coming from an iPhone I'm not very knowledgeable about how to personalize my new device.

Thanks.

Warmart

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
If you open it you'll have the option to refuse the trial plus choose whether you want to use a free feature which will supposedly allow pictures to show for callers that have them (probably not many people). So decline the trial then settings and applications, find the app and disable it.

Posted via the Android Central App on my SGN4

pdub73

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
On the note4 it's very easy to disable apps, got into your app drawer click the menu dots at the top right the option to uninstall/disable apps is right there you can do more than one at a time

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995