note 4 home screen looping

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I believe you either have to remove the Flipboard widget or use another launcher, like Nova.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
By looping, do you mean force closing? If so, then go into system settings - applications - all - launcher (it might be touchwiz) - clear cache.

Let us know how they goes.

biggunspaul

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm guessing by looping you mean that the home screens will go around and around without flipboad coming up,if so you need to do this.

On a blank part of one of the home screens hold your finger until home screen settings comes up,then select home screen settings and un tick flipboard briefing and then it will loop.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
You have to turn off the Flipboard Briefing screen for the home screens to scroll continuously. Long press any blank space on a home screen to open the edit function, tap Home Screen settings and uncheck Flipboard Briefing.

nytmare

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
You have to turn off the Flipboard Briefing screen for the home screens to scroll continuously. Long press any blank space on a home screen to open the edit function, tap Home Screen settings and uncheck Flipboard Briefing.

Maybe this is carrier specific? I'm on VZW. When I uncheck Flipboard (as you suggest), my home screens do not scroll (or "wrap" as I've seen it called on other forums). I get to one end or the other and they just stop. I've used Apex on my other phones, but thought I'd give TW a chance on the N4. TW isn't as bad on the N4 as it was on my other phones, but all launchers have their little issues.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Maybe this is carrier specific? I'm on VZW. When I uncheck Flipboard (as you suggest), my home screens do not scroll (or "wrap" as I've seen it called on other forums). I get to one end or the other and they just stop. I've used Apex on my other phones, but thought I'd give TW a chance on the N4. TW isn't as bad on the N4 as it was on my other phones, but all launchers have their little issues.

Really? That's crazy if Verizon killed that feature of the launcher, make no sense at all.

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yep. I'm on VZW too and even though I've disabled Flipboard I can't continuously scroll through the home screens. Why would VZW have an interest in disabling this feature?

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Yep. I'm on VZW too and even though I've disabled Flipboard I can't continuously scroll through the home screens. Why would VZW have an interest in disabling this feature?

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Sometimes I think there's someone at verizon that just gets a kick out of seeing how many things like this that they can sneak in. I mean some things you can see a monetary reason behind, but this type of thing is just random and doesn't make them any money. Hmm, maybe they have stock in Flipboard and don't want people disabling it. I don't know, just stupid in this case. Glad I ditched them.