Water Damage Sensors

Tanooki2

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I have a question about the water damage sensors on the battery and back of the Note 4. My brand new phone and battery out of the box appear to be tripped (white box with red x's). I had my Note 2 for two years and know that it did not see any water, aside from occasional humidity, and the phone and battery always had the red x's.

Am I interpreting the red x's correct that they mean water damage? Please reply whether your Note 4 has clear white or red x indicators.

Thanks!
Kristi

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
That's normal. They turn solid red if there's water damage. The red X's are there because people were painting them white after getting water damage.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I have a question about the water damage sensors on the battery and back of the Note 4. My brand new phone and battery out of the box appear to be tripped (white box with red x's). I had my Note 2 for two years and know that it did not see any water, aside from occasional humidity, and the phone and battery always had the red x's.

Am I interpreting the red x's correct that they mean water damage? Please reply whether your Note 4 has clear white or red x indicators.

Thanks!
Kristi

What you describe is how it looks if there is no water damage, at least no water has reached those indicators.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781