Note 4 too hot when charging

dency45

Feb 14, 2013
Visit site
Is this normal due to the fast charging feature? Its like i am experiencing this now a days. It is always beside me when sleeping and i accidentally touch it while sleeping and i accidentally woke up cause it is very hot.

Skye Hui

May 7, 2014
Visit site
It might be due to that, cos I also face this problem. The output voltage is 5V/9V and 2A/1.67A respectively...

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

acs2653

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem the first time I charged it. I had it under my pillow and it woke me up when my arm touched it. It hasn't happened since that until charge so I think it was just an isolated incident.

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Disable the fast charge in the settings if you don't need it.
The heat will only shorten the battery life.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Even with fast charging, or doesn't get that hot

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414357104408.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414357104408.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 64

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
If you have it under a pillow, that's a fire just waiting to happen. I remember reading a story about a girl who woke up when she smelled smoke. Her phone's battery had over heated and luckily hadn't burst into flames. She was lucky.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Yes. As stated the phone should never be put under a pillow to charge. It needs air to breath. It is a mini computer after all. I leave fast charging on and my device doesn't get hot.

Beamed across the web from my Beastly Galaxy Note 4!!

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem the first time I charged it. I had it under my pillow and it woke me up when my arm touched it. It hasn't happened since that until charge so I think it was just an isolated incident.

Never ever have your phone under your pillow, especially while you sleep!

Posted via the Android Central App

molybear

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
My Note 2 gets pretty warm when the battery discharges rapidly especially if it is downloading. Note 4 has been cool no heat problem so far.

Vikash Mohanty

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
Its not Only you most of the Note 4 devices is over heating for no reason. While transferring data, while updating is firmware, While charging , Its getting over heated unnecessary. I think its a buf with the latest OS. Hopfully they will rectify that soon in next update. Or else it will be a faliure.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
Its not Only you most of the Note 4 devices is over heating for no reason. While transferring data, while updating is firmware, While charging , Its getting over heated unnecessary. I think its a buf with the latest OS. Hopfully they will rectify that soon in next update. Or else it will be a faliure.

It's not strange to overheat when you're updating the firmware.

If you're charging and trying to play a 3D game or a app that utilizes multi core, the phone will of course overheat.

However, I do agree that there are some situations the phone overheats for no reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21