lock screen info?

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
For the past 3 days my lockscreen says sunny & 70? I'm in Michigan and right now it's probably about 45 degrees out. Kind of odd the weather on the lockscreen isn't updating at all?

Posted via the Android Central App

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
For the past 3 days my lockscreen says sunny & 70? I'm in Michigan and right now it's probably about 45 degrees out. Kind of odd the weather on the lockscreen isn't updating at all?

Do you still have the weather and clock widget on your home screen? If so, tap it to open the weather app, go into settings and adjust the refresh interval.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
No actually I took that off my homescreen. That's probably why the lockscreen isn't refreshing huh? I like the fact that it has the correct date, but the weather has been screwed up

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
No actually I took that off my homescreen. That's probably why the lockscreen isn't refreshing huh? I like the fact that it has the correct date, but the weather has been screwed up

Try putting the widget on a home screen long enough to adjust the refresh interval, then remove it and see if the setting holds. That seems to be the only way to access the source from where the info is pulled.

ansa82

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Try putting the widget on a home screen long enough to adjust the refresh interval, then remove it and see if the setting holds. That seems to be the only way to access the source from where the info is pulled.

Ah it seems to not refresh unless I've got location services enabled. I don't keep it enabled unless I'm using gps. Wish I could take that whole thing off the lock screen. With my note 3 I was able to nickname the phone on my lock screen

iamdld

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully they open up the weather feature to use other sources. I have my location set to power saving and the weather widget does not update unless the location setting is set to high accuracy.

Warmart

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
This was how my sgs3 worked as well, if you disabled full location services, no weather updates.

Posted via the Android Central App on my SGN4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss