Stock Email App not Retrieving my Emails

Coolboy32

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm not receiving new emails on the stock email app. I'm using the stock because I got 2 emails, Yahoo business email and Gmail as my personal at the same time. For me to see new emails on either one I have to open the app and click on refresh every time. can anyone tell me how to turn on push notifications that tells me when I receive new emails?

Also was wondering if it's possible that I'm getting this problem because I have push notifications for both my emails on my iPad's Email app? I don't want to have to sign out of my email accounts on my iPad because that's what I use for work everyday. But is it not possible to have my emails being pushed to both my Note 4 and iPad? My iPad only use internet through wifi, and even tho when I'm not around any wifi service my Note 4 won't retrieve new mails unless I hit refresh.

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm not receiving new emails on the stock email app. I'm using the stock because I got 2 emails, Yahoo business email and Gmail as my personal at the same time. For me to see new emails on either one I have to open the app and click on refresh every time. can anyone tell me how to turn on push notifications that tells me when I receive new emails?

Also was wondering if it's possible that I'm getting this problem because I have push notifications for both my emails on my iPad's Email app? I don't want to have to sign out of my email accounts on my iPad because that's what I use for work everyday. But is it not possible to have my emails being pushed to both my Note 4 and iPad? My iPad only use internet through wifi, and even tho when I'm not around any wifi service my Note 4 won't retrieve new mails unless I hit refresh.

Open your email app. Tap the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner. From the drop down menu, select Settings> Manage Accounts> Tap your email address> Sync Settings> Sync Schedule> Set Sync Schedule> select "Push". Hope this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App on my awesome Note 4

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm having this same problem on bothe the Note 4 and Tab S with the stock email app. For the Note 4 I'm using Mailbox App and it works fantastic.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Stock is ok for me except I'll get unread count on the homepage (Nova/Tesla)...I go to email and it then cycles and gets the email. Strange. Everything set to push. I might try Mailbox or are there any others with good Office/Exchange sync (all I need) and a dark theme? I also don't love that stock won't let me put stuff in Sent file if I want to. And slightly off-topic... I HATE the new open apps button instead of what we had. I hope Nova adds programming for it.

Coolboy32

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
Open your email app. Tap the 3 vertical dots in the upper right corner. From the drop down menu, select Settings> Manage Accounts> Tap your email address> Sync Settings> Sync Schedule> Set Sync Schedule> select "Push". Hope this helps.

Posted via the Android Central App on my awesome Note 4

I've tried this but it's not helping still. I still have to go into the app and refresh.

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've tried this but it's not helping still. I still have to go into the app and refresh.

I'd delete the accounts and re-add them to the stock app again. Make sure of an additional obvious thing to what was mentioned above, i.e., that under Sync Settings, Sync Email is actually checked.

As for Yahoo Small Business, there's an additional problem. I have a Yahoo Small Business account, too, and while Yahoo swears up and down that it supports push notification if you use the IMAP server, you (or at least I) only get the option to have the account poll the server every 15 minutes or half hour or hour. I'm not sure if you've noticed that. (Gmail and Outlook both have the push option available in the stock app.) I've communicated via email with Yahoo Small Business support, and they eventually said they'd have to test my account with my password and that I'd have to call to do so. Very frustrating . . . .