Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Picasa and Google+ pics?

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
OK, so now I feel stupid. I had many duplicates because I had used several photos in posts on Google+. I wasn't aware that it was saving them twice. Thanks for your help and for sticking with me while I figured out my stupidness.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ahh, there you go. Yes, that can be confusing--photos you post on your Google+ feed as well as in Hangouts get saved to your Google+ photos. Whew, glad you figured it out!

coliee04

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
My issue is that the photos in my google plus album are not showing up in my Picasa album in the Gallery app. I tried the method mentioned above for clearing the cache and data and all that did was remove the Picasa album from my gallery app and I can not get it to show up again. Even after going into settings and unchecking and rechecking the syncing function for Picasa into the gallery app.
Any ideas? When the Picasa album was showing, it was only showing some of my photos from before I got my new phone, none of the new photos taken were showing up though.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is your Google+ Auto-Backup on? Open the Photos app (the one with the pinwheel icon), tap menu, then Settings, then Auto Backup, and make sure it's turned on. This will make all new photos and videos you take backup to Google+ Photos.

Now go to Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account]. Make sure Picasa is checked on. Also make sure Auto-Sync is turned on for the phone--I'm not sure exactly where that is on the Note 4, but it might be in the Quick Settings swipedown menu, or in the Setting>Data Usage screen (press Menu to see the options there).

Remember that the Photos app also shows all of your Google+/Picasa cloud albums.

coliee04

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Well it appears to be working just fine now. That clearing the cache and data must have just taken over night to reset itself and readd the album. Thanks for the help though! :)

I only see an album for Picasa, nothing on Google+ though, but they do appear to be syncing now.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
So every time this syncing issue happens I have to clear cache and data? It just happened again. I'm not liking it.

via Note 4 on Verizon Wireless

Jack Fadden

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
when in your gallery simply click on settings . click on content to display and uncheck display photos in Picasa. done. you can't delete those photos but it will stop the duplication and that annoying icon .

Jess Van Grinsven

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I also have a similar issue but mine is the other way round.
I can see images and videos in my Gallery with the Picasa loho but when i go into Picasa or Google + i can't find them as i am very sure i deleted them in there but they still show on my Note 4 galley, very annoying and i did the above.

Cleared the cache and data then force close. still showing GGGRRRR.

kpdx

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
I have this exact same problem. No was to delete Picasa photos. Not on the phone side or Google side of things.

Posted via the Android Central App

Ivaran

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Actually the Picasa back up is coming from your gmail. So.. go to your Gmail account. Log In. At the top right corner you will see Google apps (nine dots). Click on the dots. You will see Photo App. Click on it.. this will take you to the photos backed up on Picasa. Select the ones you want to delete and hit delete icon. Say Yes when prompted. This way you can get rid of Picasa right at the root level. In case you want to save the pic... click on the picture.. right click and save to picture folder and then delete from Picasa (Google app). This way even if you change your instrument, you will not have the unwanted Picasa pics following you.

Rotten Pizza

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
I want to delete some picasa photos but not all. I have a bunch of vacation pics that are only on picasa and I don't want to lose them. (On note 4)

Greg Gidney

Jan 1, 2018
Visit site
I thought you had tried all of that already--are you trying again? The next step is to open Gallery again, and wait a few seconds for the database to repopulate with local photos. Usually, the Gallery should not show any more Picasa photos in this situation, after doing what you just did.

I have photos that somehow got thrown into the Picasa folder in my Gallery.
Will I lose those pics if I follow the steps you suggested?
There are videos and pics in Picasa that I want to keep.
I also checked Google, and they arent there either.

please help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If they're in the Picasa folder, that means they should be in your Google Photos in the cloud. When you say you checked Google, do you mean you went to photos.google.com on your computer browser?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay