Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Shattered rear lens cover:(

Brainslime

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Same thing with me! slipped out my bag after only 2 weeks and crack ...although not as bad as yours but cracked non the less.. it seem to me like a hideous scare. Saw a cover that would, fit but it was made on some type of blue film with a hole in it ..."no protection at all" would love to buy this part to replace it.

MudBitch

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Same thing here...never dropped or mishandled the phone but rear camera lens is completely shattered.

This is definitely a design flaw - the phone rests directly on the camera lens.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Gotta be a design flaw on some phones. Watch Samsung's YouTube video on their durability tests for the note 4. They drop it from different heights and angles and don't seem to crack the screen or lense cover.

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Quick question, you guys and gals with cracked camera lenses using cases? How about the wireless charging backs from Samsung? Were you using either when the lense cracked?

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
I broke the lens on my S5 when I had it and ordered replacement parts off Amazon. Couldn't even tell I had ever replaced.

AnimeKing

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
get a good case and you massively reduce the risk of cracking/breaking anything on your phone! I think I do understand how people want to see the phone in its original glory and they feel like it looks uglier with a case. But if a phone is that expensive, personally I would always have a case on it 99.9% of the time. You won't believe how many different cracked iPhone screens I used to see in my old college, lot of people wanted to be stylish and didn't like to use cases and that's what happened.

I'd also like to know like a previous user in this thread asked, how many of you who had cracked lenses were using cases? I think it would be a much more serious problem if many of you were using cases and that still happened..

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site
get a good case and you massively reduce the risk of cracking/breaking anything on your phone! I think I do understand how people want to see the phone in its original glory and they feel like it looks uglier with a case. But if a phone is that expensive, personally I would always have a case on it 99.9% of the time. You won't believe how many different cracked iPhone screens I used to see in my old college, lot of people wanted to be stylish and didn't like to use cases and that's what happened.

I'd also like to know like a previous user in this thread asked, how many of you who had cracked lenses were using cases? I think it would be a much more serious problem if many of you were using cases and that still happened..

I had an Otterbox on mine.

andrewa1

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone been able to figure out how to get the rear camera glass fixed yet? I have called and went to over a dozen phone repair places and they all tell me that the part is not available yet and to try back in a month or two.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC