Where is the 1x1 mail widget?

varunaX

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I am a BB convert that just purchased a note 4. I miss having all my different email accounts on the home screen.

i know there are other posts about this as I have done hours of researching and reading through posts, but one of the solutions has me puzzled.

Other than the response to switch to K9 or aqua mail, everyone suggests selecting the '1x1 mail' widget from the widgets menu, but i see no such thing on the note 4. does anyone else have this widget or know how/where to get it?

Do any other note 4 users have their individual mail accounts appear on their homescreen, and not all combined into the unified mailbox? or know of a way to accomplish this. id love to know.

thanks

(also if anyone does use k9 or aquamail to solve this problem, can you let me know if you see the number of unread emails that appears atop of each 1x1 account icon?)

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I am on Sprint and I don't see the widget for the native email. I am using K9 mail and use the widget but I only use it for one mail account so I can't answer your second question. It works well for that one, listing unread emails.
Good Luck!
Ron

varunaX

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
thanks for replying ron. how exactly does it work with k9? do you have to disable the stock email program? when you get an email do you get 2 notifications; 1 for stock email, 1 for k9? can you set it up to just receive the notification for k9, then when you select it, it opens up k9? and when you select an email address, how do you get it to default to k9?

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes, basically when you activate K-9 I think it turns off the notifications in standard app. If not you have to do it or you will get both. I removed the standard app icon from the home screens entirely. When you say you want that email app to be your default, it is in settings, then all created email outside of the app like clicking on an email link, will default to being send from that account. If you are already in the app then it creates it, of course.
Hope this helps. Good Luck!
Ron

varunaX

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
i had a look at it last night, and its really good but i hate the fact that it has to 'fetch' my hotmail emails, rather than have them instantly get pushed to my phone like on 'bluemail' . k9 says it has push settings for my hotmail account, but it just never comes to me after i send it. i always have to wait the specified amount of time before the folder is 'polled'. i guess that is another discussion for another topic though, unless you have any tips on how to fix it

varunaX

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
to anyone who stumbles onto this thread, my solution to was to use 4 different email applications for my 4 email accounts. i also configured lite flow to trigger different leds with each mail app. it not pretty, but it does the best way of mimicking what blackberry does so simply.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87