desk clock?

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
I think he mean the nightstand mode/dock. With S4 for instance if you went into the alarm app, you had a tab for timer, stopwatch and dock clock where the screen stays dim but displays the time, so you can use it as a bedside clock. If that is what the OP means, I miss that feature also on the N4.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I think he mean the nightstand mode/dock. With S4 for instance if you went into the alarm app, you had a tab for timer, stopwatch and dock clock where the screen stays dim but displays the time, so you can use it as a bedside clock. If that is what the OP means, I miss that feature also on the N4.

yep

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
anyone?
i know there are apps for it and thats fine too but i want one that dims after so long and that moves around like a screen saver type deal?

Greg P1

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I'd also like to use my Note 4 as a desk clock. The Samsung clear-window flip cover brings up the desk-clock mode behind the window when the flap is closed, handy feature, but it doesn't stay on when you have the phone plugged in. I went to the Developer Options, and checked "stay awake while charging," but the problem with that, is after the phone is charged, it shuts off. Not like the Note 2, which didn't shut off when it was plugged in either in my car, at my desk or on my nightstand.

If anyone knows how to fix this, please do tell.
Thanks

PaulaO

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I recently got Alarm Clock Plus by Binary Tactics. It has the regular desk clock look as well as the moving desktop. You can set it to fade and turn off if unplugged.

For years I used iHandy's Alarm Clock but for some reason, it won't work right with the Note 4. It kinda sorta does but not very well. I let the developer know so hopefully it will get fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL