Samsung Galaxy Note 4 The best of... Android apps

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: The best of... Android apps

Messaging - Textra, but I'll probably move back to Messages with the Lollipop update.
Mail - Gmail
Weather - Intellicast
Twitter -
Calendar - Stock
Widgets - Beautiful Widgets
Launcher - Nova Prime if I don't use TW. Never thought I'd ever say that about TW.

Note app: I guess I am in the minority liking Evernote. I tried OneNote a few years ago, I may have to give it a try now. We're on O365 in the office, so I can see that having some benefit.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

I wouldn't like my phone nearly as much without Nova Prime +Tesla Unread Plugin. The "badges" are the bomb. I use a 7x7 icon grid, with icons at 85% normal size.

Calendar= Samsung S planner. (be sure to turn off "My Calender" if you want reminders to go to your google calendar on other devices)

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I LOVE Nova Prime and am 5x7 but with Blue Mail you don't need the Tesla part for the unread count.. And did you find you need big margins with this phone so you don't constantly activate stuff on the outside rows?

I wouldn't like my phone nearly as much without Nova Prime +Tesla Unread Plugin. The "badges" are the bomb. I use a 7x7 icon grid, with icons at 85% normal size.

Calendar= Samsung S planner. (be sure to turn off "My Calender" if you want reminders to go to your google calendar on other devices)

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site

Email - really liking "Blue Mail" and the swipe, notification swipe, and task features. It replaced Gmail and the new Google inbox that I tried.

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

Gotta chime in for OneNote here...It's great even if you aren't totally Office365 like me. It syncs immediately.
Evernote syncs as well. Have you used both with onenote coming out ahead? Always interested in new apps.

sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk :)

gillberllt

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site

Messaging - Textra SMS
Mail - Gmail
Weather - 1Weather
Twitter - Echofon Pro
Calendar - Cal
Widgets -
Launcher - Go Launcher

suitebliss

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site

Messaging - Handcent
Mail - My Mail
Weather - Weather and Clock Widget
Twitter - don't do Twitter
Calendar - Jorte
Widgets - most useful widgets Power Amp, color note
Launcher - Nova Launcher Prime

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site

Note app: I guess I am in the minority liking Evernote. I tried OneNote a few years ago, I may have to give it a try now. We're on O365 in the office, so I can see that having some benefit.

This summer Microsoft made a lot of improvements to OneNote for Android. Getting the Note 4 with the stylus that works well with OneNote was at the top of my list. It works great IMHO.

tallguy5

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

Messaging - Textra. Perfect balance of customization, simplicity and performance.
Mail - Gmail
Weather - Currently using Weather Underground. Don't love it, most other weather apps have seem to put flash ahead of functionality. Mostly just use the weather integrated on my home screen widget.
Twitter - Default Twitter app. It has gotten a lot better.
Calendar - Stock Google Calendar, but use "Calendar Widget: Month+Agenda" for most of my needs.
Widgets - Zooper Widget, if you're patient and love customization, is great for a home widget. TheScore for sports. Widget listed above for the calendar.
Launcher - Nova Prime.

5uck3rpunch

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site

Messaging - Go SMS Pro
Mail - Blue Mail
Weather - AccuWeather
Twitter - Falcon Pro
Calendar - Jorte
Widgets - Any that come with apps
Launcher - Action Launcher Pro

pharmnatr

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Messaging - chomp sms
Mail - blue mail
Weather - weatherbug
Twitter -
Calendar - business calendar
Widgets -
Launcher - Nova prime

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Yes... I can't remember why but I found Evernote to be a PIA. OneNote both does exactly what I want and feels like part of Outlook.

Evernote syncs as well. Have you used both with onenote coming out ahead? Always interested in new apps.

sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk :)

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Yes... I can't remember why but I found Evernote to be a PIA. OneNote both does exactly what I want and feels like part of Outlook.

I use OneNote along side of Outlook also. Having each open side by side, you can easily highlight text in an email and drag it straight into OneNote. Very helpful with support notes or step by step instructions. Its also easy to copy a pdf into as well and now that hand written notes sync it is very useful for meetings or training.

Posted via the Android Central App