How do I sync my Outlook Calendar with S Planner on Note 4?

joanvanzyl

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I managed to sync my Outlook mail with my phone, but can't figure out how to sync the calendar.

I tried to use the "sync schedule" function in "Settings/Account" but it's not showing up in S Planner. There's no "Done" or "OK" to press once one has completed all the sync schedule settings, don't know if that is part of the problem.

Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
If you go to your Account Settings, in your Exchange account (select the actual account), is the Sync Calendar option ticked or not? If not, then that's why.

If it is, your calendar might not be visible yet. In S-Planner, hit the menu button and select CALENDARS. There you can choose which calendars to view and which ones to hide; maybe your Exchange one is not selected.

joanvanzyl

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks so much. I tried both pieces of advice, but am still battling, probably because I am a pumpkin.
* Can't find "sync calendar" option in my exchange account - can it be because I still have Windows 2007? There are other calendar options - internet calender and published calendars - but no sync option. However, I doubt if this is the problem because until recently I had an iPad and it synced just fine with the Outlook calendar.

* Went to "Calendars" in "S Planner" but the only calendar it sees is a Gmail Samsung calendar, which only exists because I was forced to get a gmail account in order to use the Note. If I go to "Add account" it shows "Exchange ActiveSync" in the list of accounts, but it is not ticked. If I try to tick it, it gives me the option to add the Exchange account, only to then tell me the account is already in use (it is my default email account on the Note). This is where I get stuck.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's odd. If you've added this to an iPad before then that means your Exchange account supports Calendar syncing (not all of them do if your administrator restricts that option), so I don't think that's the issue.

I guess my next suggestion would be to remove the Exchange account from your phone, reboot just to be safe, and then try to add it again through the Accounts settings option. It SHOULD ask you what to sync when you're setting it up.

joanvanzyl

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! Sorted - turned out the problem was that when I originally set up the account, I selected the incorrect outgoing server, so all working fine now!

Joan

Himese

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
Well I found my Android and Outlook sync solution with Sync2 software
Sync2 worked well for me, but you need to have Google account for Outlook synchronization with your phone, though it still works perfectly. Hope I helped. :)

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
Good to hear it turned out well. Sometimes the problems turn out to be very simple ;)

If you would be looking for another way to sync in the future Id recommend EVO Collaborator for Outlook as alternative. Its what iv been using since the service for Google Calendar Sync has been suspended in August 2014.
Its basically just an add-in to Outlook.

Catwong

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Me too, encountering the same challenge which settings are all in placed. However, my calendar updates from outlook is not being sync.
Can anyone guide me?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463