Android System Draining Battery

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
My battery has been draining more than usual. When I check usage, I get Android System at 37% and Android OS at 15%. Should the operating system be responsible for over half the battery usage?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: Android System Draining Battery

How much usage is involved here? When I am viewing a lot of videos my major power user is the screen. When I am not my major power user is the System and OS. But either way I get 12 to 15 hours of use with 30 to 40 % of a full charge left.
The bottom line, it doesn't matter what uses how much as long as you are getting the time you need between charges. And if you are a really heavy user, you simply carry an extra battery to get through the day.

bspill

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android System Draining Battery

With very light usage yesterday, I was down to about 30% after 12 hours. The first few days I had the phone, I ended the day with about 50% using it quite a bit to set the phone up, update apps, etc. I have the feeling something is causing battery to go down faster than before. I guess I'll give it a few days and see what happens.

Posted via Android Central App

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
android system is the number 1 or 2 app for draining on mine too. and a lot of other people's on my xda battery life thread for Verizon. idk why, but the many processes running under it must be keeping some kind of wake lock, as well as the cpu time being a good amount.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc