Dropped Note 4!

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
So, heres my story.

Got the note 3 when it first came out last year, and loved it. Pre ordered the note 4 the day it was available for verizon, even though my note 3 is in immaculate condition, and still working beautifully. Anxiously waited an entire month for it. It was delivered on October 23rd, and it was one of the most exciting packages I have gotten all year (and I get a fair amount of packages lol).

I hate phone cases, but the fact of the matter is I use my phone a TON at work, so I got a few note 4 spigen cases for it (which were all crap compared to the note 3 and s5 ones lol).

When I got home from work today, first thing I did was took my nasty bulky crappy case off my phone like I always do, and put the phone in my jacket pocket.

Walk through the front door, start untying my shoes. And bam......it happened. It dropped...........

DSC_1256m.jpg
DSC_1253m.jpg

I am absolutely devastated. I have always treated my phones with the utmost respect and care, and its not like I even dropped it out of my hand. But of course it was still my fault...duh.

This ruined my week, possibly my month (and my phone that I will be using for the next stinking year). I am only glad it didnt crack the screen or anything.

Any suggestions to try and flatten/smooth the rugged marks on the sides?

It is a sad day.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I would have to dress down the metal parts with an extremely fine file or even extra fine Arkansas whetstone, maybe buy one of these:

Amazon.com: Spyderco Triangle White Ceramic File (1/4): Kitchen & Dining

I have a faceting machine use to make gemstones. I think I would figure out how to use it to polish the metal edges back up. Maybe you could take it to a jeweler and see if he can touch it up. A good jeweler could probably make those dings disappear.

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I would have to dress down the metal parts with an extremely fine file or even extra fine Arkansas whetstone, maybe buy one of these:

I have a faceting machine use to make gemstones. I think I would figure out how to use it to polish the metal edges back up. Maybe you could take it to a jeweler and see if he can touch it up. A good jeweler could probably make those dings disappear.

Thanks for that suggestion, I will definitely look into that.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
So, heres my story.

Got the note 3 when it first came out last year, and loved it. Pre ordered the note 4 the day it was available for verizon, even though my note 3 is in immaculate condition, and still working beautifully. Anxiously waited an entire month for it. It was delivered on October 23rd, and it was one of the most exciting packages I have gotten all year (and I get a fair amount of packages lol).

I hate phone cases, but the fact of the matter is I use my phone a TON at work, so I got a few note 4 spigen cases for it (which were all crap compared to the note 3 and s5 ones lol).

When I got home from work today, first thing I did was took my nasty bulky crappy case off my phone like I always do, and put the phone in my jacket pocket.

Walk through the front door, start untying my shoes. And bam......it happened. It dropped...........

View attachment 144552
View attachment 144553

I am absolutely devastated. I have always treated my phones with the utmost respect and care, and its not like I even dropped it out of my hand. But of course it was still my fault...duh.

This ruined my week, possibly my month (and my phone that I will be using for the next stinking year). I am only glad it didnt crack the screen or anything.

Any suggestions to try and flatten/smooth the rugged marks on the sides?

It is a sad day.

Mine was in a case from day one

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I have no case, but i have been very careful handling it, and when it's in my pocket, it's in there by itself with nothing else. I don't want any scratches on it. I am strongly considering a case.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
First off, I'll say "ouch". I'd be very upset with myself as well.

But now, I have to say, that I don't understand the thinking of taking a case on and off (unless you're swapping a battery). It's needless wear and tear on the case and can lead to accidents (phone slipping out of the hand and whatnot), and can result in damage while the phone is uncased (as you experienced). If you don't like the case you bought, then perhaps its not the right case. Buy a case you like the look of so you can leave it on all the time.

And yes, I know there are many who don't case their phones at all. Me, I do prefer the extra protection.

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
I have no case, but i have been very careful handling it, and when it's in my pocket, it's in there by itself with nothing else. I don't want any scratches on it. I am strongly considering a case.

Posted via the Android Central App

I would consider myself a lot like that. I am very careful with my stuff as well, as far as the pocket thing goes or even the surface I set it down on (for the protruding camera). BUT I guess one mistake was all it took eh......

tartrate

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
You know, I'd be sad. But then I'd also be glad, that it didn't shatter the screen. Now if it had edge to edge glass, I think the screen surely would have shattered. The phone still looks beautiful.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I've never used a case and have never broken a phone. But I would never put my phone in a jacket pocket, sweat-pants pocket, etc. The only place I carry it is in a snug, otherwise-empty front pants pocket, or in an arm-band, or in a dedicated padded pocket in my backpack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2