Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Latest version of Google Play

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I did a factory reset on my Note 4 due to battery usage, but now my Google Play Store isn't updating. I have version 4.8.20, but before the factory reset, it was 5.0.xx (can't remember the last two digits). Forcing the update by tapping the build version only tells me that Google Play is up to date - even if it clearly isn't.

How do I get the latest version of Google Play without downloading it from somewhere? Will it eventually update by itself when the time comes? My phone had been factory reset about 12 hours before this post.

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Latest version of Google Play

The reason why I didn't want to download the apk is because I wanted to make sure that the phone is capable of updating the Google Play Store by itself. I don't want to have to keep manually downloading a new apk.

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

How long would it usually take? I've been waiting for about 12 hours and tried clearing data, but to no avail.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

How long would it usually take? I've been waiting for about 12 hours and tried clearing data, but to no avail.
You may try restarting the phone. Every time I swap batteries several apps update.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

How does my phone know when it's time to update the Play Store? Is there something "special" that needs to happen for it to update?

puiradu

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

As I figure out it seems Google pulled out that update. I just uninstalled the update from my Note 8 and from my Galaxy 5. Both remains at 4.80 version after

dlee1001

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site

As I figure out it seems Google pulled out that update. I just uninstalled the update from my Note 8 and from my Galaxy 5. Both remains at 4.80 version after

I never thought about that, since all I see when I Google the version number is that it has rolled out to include material and security updates. Nothing says that Google pulled the update. Anyone else want to chime on this?

puiradu

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

I reseted 4 diferent devices. All with 5.0.31.
After reset all updated to 4.8.20.
So that I concluded that the update was pulled out.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

I reseted 4 diferent devices. All with 5.0.31.
After reset all updated to 4.8.20.
So that I concluded that the update was pulled out.

They did not pull the update. Google rolls out an update like this over several weeks. If you reset your phone it goes back to the factory install version and you have to wait for the update again. Many people who do not have new phones and did not do resets still haven't gotten the update yet. It's simply not finished rolling out. When it is completely finished rolling out, if you do a reset then, it will typically update within a day.

puiradu

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site

I hope you are right. But I happened this on a Note 4, in 4 Galaxy S5 and in my Galaxy Note 8 tablet.
Also I see that the restore/backup of SHealth us not working anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1