Why is my Note 4 freezing constantly?

EminentLeague

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Note 4 Freezing Constantly

So I just made the switch from and Iphone 5 to the Note 4, and I am loving it. The only problem I am having though is that my Note keeps freezing at random times. For example I will have the phone locked, I will pull it out and hit either the power button or the home button so I can unlock it and start using it, and then it just freezes. Alot of the time what happens is the screen will go all the way onto the lowest brightness and then become unresponsive for about 10-20 seconds, then light up to a higher brightness (still being unresponsive) and then after about another 10 seconds it will work. Also sometimes I will be in an app and it will freeze. The place I encounter freezing the most is when I am at the home screen. It will just stop working then lock up and then the process I explained above will repeat. If anyone has any input on this problem or a solution please let me know. Thank you!

GtoJon

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Note 4 Freezing Constantly

I had some freezing & SD issues & Reset my VZ unit & did not help! I get a replacement next Monday :)

Cheers, Jon

maximalife

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Mines was doing the same exact thing for a couple days...i downloaded the app "Clean Master" and it didn't do it since.

Posted via the Android Central App

skippyg

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

Sounds like youve got some apps that arent good quality and havent been updated in a very long time. I had an old app i used to use to download ringtones that caused similar behaviors.

Posted via the Android Central App

gustavofreeman

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site

My Note 4 was freezing up about every couple of days and it bothered me a lot. Sometimes it would respond again after a couple of minutes. Other times, I had to remove the battery to restart. One of my first thoughts was to just go ahead and exchange it but I decided to call Verizon technical support first. After waiting for what more than an hour to get to a technician, the tech asked me to clear the cache partition. Thank the heavens I did because I haven't had a freeze-up since then (about a couple of weeks now).

I don't remember the steps exactly but they're probably the same as the one here from T-Mobile.
...<I couldn't post the link because I'm a new member>... Please just Google for "note 4 wipe cache partition" to get the steps.

Good luck to anyone else who experiences this. I hope the above works for you.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Clean Master is a requirement for any serious Android user, IMO. Many people claim that these type of apps aren't necessary but I won't use an Android without CM.
Do as you like with your device, but it is definitely not a necessity for Android.

KunchokC

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Wipe Cache Partition - Samsung Galaxy Note® 4

-Ensure the device is powered off.
-Note If the device doesn't respond to input, remove then re-insert the battery.
-Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the left edge near the top) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
-While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
-Select wipe cache partition.
-Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
-Select reboot system now.
-Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

Ch Shoni

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I am using note4 suddenly my phone is consist freezing .I just download cleaner master and run the app after that my phone is working fine also fast as well thanks clean master.

myhtcone

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy samsung Note 4 never had problem before an week from now Facebook start freezing everything . i need helper too repair .
Thank you

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, Facebook was causing my issues too, or so it seemed. The phone went into a boot loop when I tapped on Facebook.

chellezap

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site

So I just made the switch from and Iphone 5 to the Note 4, and I am loving it. The only problem I am having though is that my Note keeps freezing at random times. For example I will have the phone locked, I will pull it out and hit either the power button or the home button so I can unlock it and start using it, and then it just freezes. Alot of the time what happens is the screen will go all the way onto the lowest brightness and then become unresponsive for about 10-20 seconds, then light up to a higher brightness (still being unresponsive) and then after about another 10 seconds it will work. Also sometimes I will be in an app and it will freeze. The place I encounter freezing the most is when I am at the home screen. It will just stop working then lock up and then the process I explained above will repeat. If anyone has any input on this problem or a solution please let me know. Thank you!

chellezap

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I had this same problem! Thanks to a very knowledgeable US Cellular rep, it's fixed. I had an old SD card, from a Samsung mesmerize. With the new phone udates, this causes your phone to freeze. So, simply take out your SD card, and your phone will stop freezing. When u go to buy a new one, get a class 10 or better. I hope this solves your problem!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781