Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Update allows files to transfer to ext card

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update allows files to transfer to ext card

I don't think I understand your post. The Note 4 has always been able to transfer files to the external SD Card... Are you talking about a specific app?

paultall90

May 16, 2014
Visit site

When I downloaded say. Mp3 it used to put it to the phone internal storage and I was unable to move it to my micro sd but now after the update I can

Posted via the Android Central App

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

I don't think that had anything to do with an update. Moving MP3 files from internal storage to the SD card is something you've been able to do on Android devices for quite a while. Not all devices supported external storage, but most Samsung devices, (at least all of the Galaxy devices I've owned, including the Note 4) allowed it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Yup, that's what I mean, you've been able to do that for a while, so are you talking about a phone update or a specific app update?

Also, things with SD Cards work a bit differently with KitKat. Strictly speaking, only system apps can have full access to the SD Card. That means being able to move files back and forth between files and between card and internal memory. 3rd party apps, however, are limited to only accessing stuff in folders they created. That means that if the app didn't create those files or if they're not in their folder, they cannot have write access and move them around. Some apps, especially File Managers, have found ways to get around some of the limitations, so maybe an app updated 'fixed' this for you but yeah, the ability to do that, at least from system apps, has been there for ages.

pfrkl

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
hi,
can you tell me how you can transfer files to extSdCard?
The only way I found was using the internal file explorer (ES Explorere need a rooted device),

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay