Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Rear camera glass crack

jayjay234

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my phone and cracked my rear camera glass.. i did some research and it seems like it's a pretty easy repair if you have the replacement parts but i could not find anything online yet. I called samsung but they said i have to send it to them for repair.. cannot send the parts only. Do you guys know where i can find a replacement part for GN4 rear camera glass? I see bunch for S5 GN3 online..

Posted via the Android Central App

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately I have only seen the glass available so far. You may have to send it to them or just wait until the parts make their way to the repair shops.
Good Luck!

sniperlg

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
I have never dropped my camera and I only had it for 2 weeks. I saw the cracks this morning. I think it is the manufacturer's defect.

jacksodk

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I have never dropped my camera and I only had it for 2 weeks. I saw the cracks this morning. I think it is the manufacturer's defect.

Crack camera cover while it was in my pocket. Insurance replacement says $200, Samsung says $70. Never had this issue on my other Samsung notes 1-3 or my S3. Gotta be a design flaw. Looking for a replacement, but parts aren't available. Please post if you find a suitable place

Last edited:

Brown3

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
What is the number to contact Samsung? I would like to send mine in to replace it for $70 rather than pay $150 to best buy for insurance replacement.

jacksodk

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
What is the number to contact Samsung? I would like to send mine in to replace it for $70 rather than pay $150 to best buy for insurance replacement.

I just hit them up on Facebook and they replied back. You will be without your phone for 1-2 weeks. The bad part is it only costs $5 to fix.....and when the part is available, your carrier will fix for free

phettz

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
They have a camera lens for samsung galaxy note 4 on parts4repair (don't have enough posts for linking) , it looks like its the glass, not sure though.

uofajac

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Just bought mine 5 days ago. Noticed a small crack this morning. It hasn't been dropped at all. I'm so pissed. Call t-Mo and they said it would be an insurance claim. Samsung said it's not a warranty issue, but they would fix it. This sucks. I wonder how hard installing this $2.90 part would be. It looks like there is a little notch next to the camera lens. Has anyone tried replacing it?

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I have looked for videos or instructions and I think they are just too new yet. The Note 3 used a complete assembly with the flash. If they just send the glass, I think your thoughts are on line. I would probably order it and see if it has sticky on it. If so, pry away carefully.
BTW I do not see a notch on mine anywhere. Sprint version.
Good Luck!
Ron

uofajac

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
2014-12-18 09.31.10.jpg

Here's the little notch I was talking about. Sorry for the poor quality. I had to snap it with my galaxy tab 3. I found an s5 lens replacement vid on youtube. I'm assuming this should be very similar to that. I'm gonna give it a go.

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I think you have it there. I did pry mine up a little and the whole cover and glass come up. A little different than the S5 but similar. I think you will do fine. Do let us know the end result and any tips you encounter.
Good Luck!
Ron

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20