Wow what a device the Note 4 is!!

Nm767

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Depending on how you have it set up (using Gnow or svoice), just ask it to "read my messages" and it will. Can't say the name of who texted as it will just put it on screen....such as "read message from michelle". Just say "read my messages". And turn off driving mode!! That thing sucks....

This is one area iPhone has it right. But like others have said there are apps that will fix it and do exactly what you want. Like me, I have an old Motorola Command one that syncs and works with the Motorola MyMotoSpeak app. I just pair the Command One to it and once that's done, I can use ANY bluetooth device with it. It's flawless for phone, texts, directions, and etc.
It doesn't. Saying " read my messages" just says you have a new message then puts the message on the screen it does not read the message that's how you get it to work on iphone but it does not work on android

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it is. What a difference Aluminum makes and having the Leatherette back is perfect too.

I kept winning about the size but Samsung adding the Side Control Panel is just brilliant, IMO takes care of the size issue. Combined this with MultiWindow and the S-Pen, this just became my favourite flagship of 2014.

I bought it outright and sadly will have to let go of my LG G3. :(

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't. Saying " read my messages" just says you have a new message then puts the message on the screen it does not read the message that's how you get it to work on iphone but it does not work on android

Have you tried going into app management, finding svoice, then clearing it's data and cache?

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings and choose Hands Free Mode.. That should do it..
For voice I use Ok Google and ask it to navigate to where ever I'm going, works flawlessly.
I have never seen any voice recognition work better than Ok Google..
Love it...

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
I have the note 4 and I'm debating returning it for the 6 plus.
This is my first Android device and I switched from a iPhone 5 to the note 4. Here's my issue that's causing my delimma. I commute on a motorcycle and use a bluetooth device on my helmet for communication. The iPhone integrates flawlessly. Siri makes my calls, texts, reads me my incoming texts and so on. But the note 4 is a major struggle. I can get it to work with my music and make calls as well as send texts. But I can only get it to give me directions about 25% of the time I ask. It does it every time but only puts it on the screen and doesn't give audible directions. Major issues is the texting. I haven't figured out how to get the phone to read my incoming texts. That's a big problem to me. When I ask it to it just puts the message on screen but again nothing audible.

I have one week left in my 2 week return period and have to decide to keep it or return for the iPhone. I'm sick of iPhone and love this phone but working on my bike is hugely important and so for its a major fail for the note 4. Any advice?

I also don't want to have a app running all the time just sucking up my data.

I use the Sena smh10 bluetooth communication system. And is a att phone.

Put the phone in car mode and all your problems will go away. All you have to say is navigate and it will read your texts and calls. To enter car mode put two fingers on top the samsung name at top of phone and pull down, just like u would do with one finger. Look in the icons at the bottom and turn on car mode.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nm767

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Put the phone in car mode and all your problems will go away. All you have to say is navigate and it will read your texts and calls. To enter car mode put two fingers on top the samsung name at top of phone and pull down, just like u would do with one finger. Look in the icons at the bottom and turn on car mode.

Posted via the Android Central App
AT&T note 4's don't have car mode