Samsung Galaxy Note 4 should the gear 2 be using this much of my battery?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: should the gear 2 be using this much of my battery?

That looks like a lot to me. I use my Gear 2 all day everyday and haven't ever seen it show up in the battery usage stats. I have notifications from Google Now, email, gmail, texts, incoming calls and voicemail going to it. Have you done the update to Gear Manager that came out a few days ago?

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

That looks like a lot to me. I use my Gear 2 all day everyday and haven't ever seen it show up in the battery usage stats. I have notifications from Google Now, email, gmail, texts, incoming calls and voicemail going to it. Have you done the update to Gear Manager that came out a few days ago?

yeah I've updated it, should I uninstall the app?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

yeah I've updated it, should I uninstall the app?

That may be the best option. If it were me, I would also set up everything fresh. Unpair your watch in your Bluetooth settings then uninstall the app. Just go to your app drawer, tap and hold the Gear Manager app and drag it up to the uninstall option. I've tried uninstalling it other ways and this is the simplest method. I would then reset the watch, press and hold the power button and select reset. When the watch restarts it should prompt your phone to install the Gear Manager app and once installed it will update again. You'll have to set up your watch again but that's a pretty quick process.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

That may be the best option. If it were me, I would also set up everything fresh. Unpair your watch in your Bluetooth settings then uninstall the app. Just go to your app drawer, tap and hold the Gear Manager app and drag it up to the uninstall option. I've tried uninstalling it other ways and this is the simplest method. I would then reset the watch, press and hold the power button and select reset. When the watch restarts it should prompt your phone to install the Gear Manager app and once installed it will update again. You'll have to set up your watch again but that's a pretty quick process.

cheers just re downloaded and reset the gear.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

cheers just re downloaded and reset the gear.

After you charge your phone and the battery stats reset, keep a watch on the battery usage and post back with results. Hopefully this resolved your issue...

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

After you charge your phone and the battery stats reset, keep a watch on the battery usage and post back with results. Hopefully this resolved your issue...
I've connected it with my Gear and what was listed before is gone for now
ll
e66268790ad3b0452135e69d1e495821.jpg

don't you get what I was getting on your battery stats then?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I've connected it with my Gear and what was listed before is gone for now don't you get what I was getting on your battery stats then?

Yes, just saying after use and charging, keep a watch on the stats to make sure it doesn't show back up. You really shouldn't see much (if any) usage from the Gear in the battery stats.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Yes, just saying after use and charging, keep a watch on the stats to make sure it doesn't show back up. You really shouldn't see much (if any) usage from the Gear in the battery stats.
yeah I didn't on my note 3. if it happens again not sure what to do but so far so good.

do you have s health sync on in your gear settings?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

yeah I didn't on my note 3. if it happens again not sure what to do but so far so good.

do you have s health sync on in your gear settings?

Yes I use S Health on the watch for the Pedometer. I find it more accurate than what's reported by the phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac