How to turn off stock email

eclectic11

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello all. I am now using Gmail 5.0 as my primary email client for all accounts. However, I am unable to turn off notifications and or disable my stock note 4 email app. Everything is greyed out and it won't let me. Anyway around this without completely deleting accounts from the app? Obviously there is a way to do it because it gives the turn off option. Just greyed out though.

Posted via the Android Central App

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello all. I am now using Gmail 5.0 as my primary email client for all accounts. However, I am unable to turn off notifications and or disable my stock note 4 email app. Everything is greyed out and it won't let me. Anyway around this without completely deleting accounts from the app? Obviously there is a way to do it because it gives the turn off option. Just greyed out though.

Go into settings>applications>application manager>all Then click on the stock email icon and delete the cache and data. Without these bits of info the email app becomes dormant.

eclectic11

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
Go into settings>applications>application manager>all Then click on the stock email icon and delete the cache and data. Without these bits of info the email app becomes dormant.

Yeah,

Just did that and still the same thing. Something is preventing me from disabling notifications and turning it off. I suspect I need to delete the email accounts from the app to disable. Although I didn't have to do that on my note 3. Thanks for the tip though.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-03-11-34-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-03-11-34-08.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 82

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I think even if you delete the accounts that apps with grayed out "Turn Off" are considered system apps and could only be dealt with on rooted phones...I THINK this but would like confirmation from someone else because there's a bunch of grayed out apps I'd like to turn off as well. And I don't want to have to root to do it (assuming someone will even make that possible on Verizon soon).

Yeah,

Just did that and still the same thing. Something is preventing me from disabling notifications and turning it off. I suspect I need to delete the email accounts from the app to disable. Although I didn't have to do that on my note 3. Thanks for the tip though.

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
go into reset mode and do a "cache wipe" not a "factory reset" . This may fix this one you have cleared the apps cache and data. In any case a cache wipe will not force you to redo you phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KrystalMcclain