Are you carrying your N/4 naked or is it protected?

Silvercorvette

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
I have always carried my phones naked but did install a screen protector when the screens were made of plastic..

My N/3 was damaged and I did not have a cell phone for a few weeks because I was waiting for the new N/4 instead of just getting another N/3 to replace the damaged N/3.

I had my N/3 on the table next to my bed charging it up and was drinking a soda from a glass filled with ice forgot to use a coaster. The ice filled glass caused condensation and although it was just a tiny puddle it managed to come in contact with the charger plug. Out of the corner of my eye I noticed steam coming from my phone and when I picked up the phone I could see the plastic back cover was dammaged from the heat. One of the things I like about the N/3 and N/4 is how slim they are but I believe that that small difference in the the size that the cover added I believe that extra millimeter would have been enough to keep the water from coming into contact with the charger connecter.

I ordered my N/4 in white which I like a lot but the cover is gold metallic which looks better than the white and the kick stand is a nise feature if you want to stream movies.

My next decision is to cover or not cover the screen. The new glass screens are scratch proof but they can be dammaged,

Will the new screen propectors really keep the glass from being cracked and with this newsuper sharp screen on the N/4 I am wondering if the make the movie I am streaming less clear and sharp.

I would like to know if the are worth in stalling. If you re happy or unhappy thit the clarity of your display after installing the protector I would like to know the make and model

This is the gold cover I bought and I like it a lot but it does make the phone larger and heaver (not a huge difference but noticeable)

Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 4 Case, Spigen® [Dual Layer] Galaxy Note 4 Case Protective **NEW** [Slim Armor] [Champagne Gold] Dual Layer Protective Case for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (2014) - Champagne Gold (SGP11126): Cell Phones & Accessories

61FAlT3FBDL._SX522_.jpg

JAG21979

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I rock my Note 4 naked in the house, but cover her up with a UAG Scout Case when in public. iloome tempered glass screen protector on its way as I type this.

Posted via the Android Central App

westcoaststyle

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
I usually keep my phones naked, but my last phone (S3) had its screen cracked after a few drops and then the screen stopped working. I'm going to be purchasing a case and screen protector from Amazon today.

Silvercorvette

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for posting, I looked it up and yours is 3 times more expensive than mine but it may be worth the extra money because I have to buy a screen protector and yours is included with the Otterbox. I am undecided about buying the screen protectorbecause I am concerned the protector mt make the less clear / sharp.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Case!

I have the Spigen Air Cushion Bumper TPU on it right now. I had a Spigen Perfect Fit on it but the case was so tough to get off, and I change the phone's battery once a day, so the TPU works great for me for now.

Once the N4 has been on the market a while I'll probably look for some fun TPU cases in assorted colors to use. Or something with some bling.

Blipstein

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
100% naked

The designers went through a lot of trouble to make this a sleek, thin lightweight device. That's exactly how I want it to feel when I hold it

PraetorianGuard14

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I use the Spigen Crystal Clear case, doesn't really subtract from the phone's beauty...looks pretty good. I don't use a screen protector since most of those seem screwed right now.

W U N F

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
naked is the way tog o for me. i dislike case for they make the phone ugly and bulky. also i hate hate hate hate screen protectors. what a multimillion dollar industry of a gimmick product. that's only in my opinion i am sure people say it worked for them but in my opionion they are uneccasry,

for me they dull the phone, make the touch experience and feel worse, and no mater what they claim, it gets more prints than glass itself. these dont stop the screen from cracking, if you drop you drop it it will break with out with out if it was meant to.

for gorilla gals has more technology than a film. if you buy a 700 phone and dont take care of it thats you fault. accidnet do happen but a case will rotect that not a screen film.

salepeople look at me like i hurt a baby when i turn down a screen protector when i buy a phone.

a case i can understand, it protects it if you drop it but unless they made a sheel to look the exact same way the note 4 phone does, meaning black, chrome edges etc, i use no case for i love how my phone looks.

again just my 2 cents do jump all over me for my own opinion. things have purposes to some and none to others.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Case, always. My job takes me to a variety of environments regularly, so I need dust and shock protection from time to time.

I am also good for at least one japanese cartoon seizure a year that seems to send my phone scattering across an asphalt parking lot, concrete pad, or other really anti-phone friendly surface. I never seem to have them when I'm walking through a pillow factory.

sforsyth01

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
naked is the way tog o for me. i dislike case for they make the phone ugly and bulky. also i hate hate hate hate screen protectors. what a multimillion dollar industry of a gimmick product. that's only in my opinion i am sure people say it worked for them but in my opionion they are uneccasry,

I was with you on hating screen protectors but allowed myself to get talked into a tempered glass one for my Note 3. Glad I did... It saved me when I dropped my phone in the Grand Canyon - about a 20 foot fall. Between that screen protector and the UAG case there was no damage to my phone. The case was a mess and the screen protector cracked but they did their job and saved my phone.

mlee19841

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Just got the note 4 yesterday. Loving it. Going naked until the case gets here from amazon. I have bad luck with phones and dropping them. Would love not to use one but one bad drop on the sides is all it takes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton