Note 4 Signal Strength on Verizon

Danny Jenkins

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
From upstate New York on Verizon, I switched to a Note 3 earlier this year from an iPhone 5 and the signal strength in my basement was very weak, I could not send text messages or make phone calls. Before with the iPhone 5 everything was fine. I had to switch back to an iPhone. I love the note and hoping to hear some good news about the Note 4 signal strength!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I haven't heard anything bad from Verizon users -- One of our mods (dpham) actually gets better signal with his Note 4 versus his Note 3 on Verizon. I will see if I can get him to chime in with the specifics :).

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Verizon Samsung Galaxy note 4 is better than the Verizon Samsung Galaxy note 3, but the iPhone 6 plus is better than both

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
From upstate New York on Verizon, I switched to a Note 3 earlier this year from an iPhone 5 and the signal strength in my basement was very weak, I could not send text messages or make phone calls. Before with the iPhone 5 everything was fine. I had to switch back to an iPhone. I love the note and hoping to hear some good news about the Note 4 signal strength!
while I haven't used the iphone6+ I have used all the notes on Verizon . the note 4 is on par with the note2 witch was excellent. my note 4 has out performed my droid maxx in my basement. also its been able to stream youtube in my basement and ive seen no other phone on Verizon be able to do that. so to make a long story short ive found it to be very good .

Trinatek

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Odd that you mention it. Previous to this phone, I had been rocking an iPhone 5 and on that I typically had 4 bars to 5 in my basement.
With my N4, I'm consistently getting just about 2 bars, but the performance doesn't seem at all diminished.

This is where it gets a little weird -- despite that, for some reason when I'm up at a friends cabin (up in northern Minnesota/Wisconsin), I'm getting 2-4 solid bars on my N4, as opposed to the 1 to no bars on my previous iPhone 5.

So, I'm not quite sure what to make of it either, but I'll take it.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this is very good for LTE but I don't know that much about what I am seeing. I know my RAZR MAXX was better before the Note 3 and Note 4. CDMA looks fine but LTE at 53%? I know I get download speeds of 36 mb even at 53% so maybe it IS good.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-11-06-07-47-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-11-06-07-47-04.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 18

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt