Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SMS app - Which do you prefer?

suitebliss

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Which do you all prefer:

Textra
ChompSMS
Handcent
Go SMS
Hangouts
Stock

Which do you prefer and why?

At this time, I like handcent because of the various themes, but Textra allows me to get my pictures from iPhone users better. So its a toss up between the 2.

Damien J

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Re: SMS

I'm on my 1st Android device (VZ N4) and I'm using both, the stock & hangouts w/ pushbullet.

Posted via the Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I use ChompSMS but textra is also good... And made by the same developer.

I like ChompSMS for the customization, the speed of the messenger, and how the devs actually respond to inquires.

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I use the Verizon messages, as I've been in areas where I have no cell service at all, but this messenger has the ability to text over wifi, and I've not found many that can do both, and you keep your same number. And it has an auto reply mode, that tells others when your driving and you'll text back once your at a safe location.

Posted via the Android Central App

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

Stock, because it shows up in the s-view window, popups on top of other apps and works in multi-view. I really hate Hangouts btw.

damule6666

Banned
Apr 12, 2010
Visit site

Tried most of them. Used Handcent for a while. Once I get hangouts set up I deleted Handcent. It's better (imho) then the others. Never had an issue with it.

Carved in place by my Note 4.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

Chomp.

I used to like and use handcent but handcent is just too much. So much going on in that app. Lol. Chomp is clean, simple, and customizable. I find it also sends better quality pictures than handcent.

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site

I really like Textra as well. But, since I'm using Google Voice, I've been semi-relegated to Hangouts.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I used to be a go sms kinda girl but their recent update made it unable to customize like I wanted so I defaulted to textra.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Except for the pictures part which I haven't noticed I would have said exactly this. chompSMS is great. Textra is same developer BTW

Chomp.

I used to like and use handcent but handcent is just too much. So much going on in that app. Lol. Chomp is clean, simple, and customizable. I find it also sends better quality pictures than handcent.