Gmail - Multiple accounts?

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
not sure how to remedy this. i have a gmail account that i use now my employer is using gmail. i dont like having to switch back and forth within the gmail account from work to personal. i feel like when i am in personal then i dont get notifications from work gmail and vice versa. is there a way to set up gmail to notify you for both accounts? not seeming to work.

i use to use touch down but cannot get that to work with gmail for my work account. is there an app that will allow me to to that? i tried boomerang but it doesnt have a calendar or calendar sync? whats the best app to do what i need? i cannot get the stock clients to connect to my gmail work account either.

pulling my hair out. thanks for any insight!

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Re: gmail accounts?

You should get notifications for both accounts using the regular gmail app. Did you go into each accounts' settings and make sure Notifications was checked? Also make sure sync is turned on for both of them.

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

thanks for the help. yes the notifications are set and it is working "sometimes" i feel i do not get every sound notification though not sure why. sync is turned on as well.

is there a way to change the icon notification one for work icon and one for personal icon?

thanks

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

thanks for the help. yes the notifications are set and it is working "sometimes" i feel i do not get every sound notification though not sure why. sync is turned on as well.

is there a way to change the icon notification one for work icon and one for personal icon?

thanks

You can change the sound notification to be different for each account. Also if you have your accounts set up to use different folders/labels make sure you have notifications turned on for all those and not just the inbox if you want notified of all mail.

sillyrabbitt123

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

i got it to work with notifications sounds. i just dont love the conversation view in gmail and i hate that the icon for personal gmail is the same as work gmail now. i would really love a touchdown like app that i can use for work gmail but i dont think there is one that works for emails, and calendars etc... : (

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Hit the link in my post above to get Gmail 5.0... it handles multiple accounts better. Although there still isn't a unified inbox...
I have a feeling that the unified inbox is a BlackBerry patent, and that we'll never see it on Android...that's one thing that BB was unbelievable at...that and the Hub...

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

I have a feeling that the unified inbox is a BlackBerry patent, and that we'll never see it on Android...that's one thing that BB was unbelievable at...that and the Hub...

Android has had a unified inbox for years. Samsung also has a unified inbox.

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
What about having one of your accounts check the other, then use the labels to keep them seperate? They will show up in the same inbox, but with a color tag by each. Last, it's easy to sort one from the other that way as well. I don't do this with 2 Gmail accounts, but have Gmail check another account. Works well for me at least.

Posted via the Android Central App

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site

Android has had a unified inbox for years. Samsung also has a unified inbox.
No, we're not talking about the same thing...not even close.

If you've ever used a BlackBerry, you know what I'm referring to...they have the whole world beat in that respect.

Gmail doesn't even have a unified inbox; not even with the new Gmail 5 client...

Last edited:

pgg101

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

No, we're not talking about the same thing...not even close.

If you've ever used a BlackBerry, you know what I'm referring to...they have the whole world beat in that respect.

Gmail doesn't even have a unified inbox; not even with the new Gmail 5 client...

Agreed. The hub goes beyond being an unified inbox. For example, the ability to compose or reply a message for FB, Twitter,LinkedIn, Google Talk, SMS,BBM all in the hub without having to open up the respective app. The way it handles attachments and the ability to filter through the hub for attachments is phenomenal.

Posted via the Android Central App on a BlackBerry Z30