Restarting?

asd14

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I am not having a major issue of my note 4 rebooting every day but since i have it, the phone has randomly trestarted 3 times. That's 3 times for about 15 days.
Once i tried to open an app (Fifa 14 ), it freezed and after a few secs the phone restarted, the other 2 times it happened i was looking at some photes in the Gallery app.

Is this normal, does it happen to you too?
Do you think that's software or hardware problem?
Shall i be concerned?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

ronb

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
It is not normal. Sounds like a software issue.
Can you remember what you installed just before this started?
If not try wiping the Cache. (Search or ask more here how to do it)
If that all fails I would back everything up and do a factory reset.
Slowly install your apps back to see if you can determine what may be causing it.
Good Luck!

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Is a portion of FIFA stored on your SD? Is your gallery backed up to your SD? If both are yes it could be a SD card problem. I think FIFA has a large file that's stored on the SD card. Just a thought.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

asd14

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Just before it happened for the 1st time, i have installed a tracking app, life 360, which shows me and my family members, it does use location all the time. I have now uninstalled the app and i will see if that will happen again. Just before installing the app i actually did a factory reset.

I have no sd card

asd14

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
As per the above, i did uninstalled that application. However,i was looking at my photos and ir rebooted again. The inages were downloaded from Google drive, i don't know if that's a problem?

I will do a factory reset and see. As you said i will be installing not all apps at once. However, the apps i currently have are whatsapp, fb, viber, CNET, Skype, citymaper and Forza.

Thanks